Sapphire Buses

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Sapphire Buses

• Author

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

I like the look of the new Sapphire buses to be run between Wrexham and Chester. Leather seats and charging stations on a bus! I might have to use it, just to experience the luxury.

Sam
    Participant

I bet it’s used more by people going to Chester than coming from Chester, sorry to say.
    Not really beneficial to Wrexham’s shopping centre.

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

That might be true but people from Chester might use it for the novelty value and even if they spend little it’s still extra spending for Wrexham. Those who shop in Chester will carry on doing so regardless of the mode of transport used.

Sam
    Participant

@Welsh Dresser 6020 wrote:

That might be true but people from Chester might use it for the novelty value and even if they spend little it’s still extra spending for Wrexham. Those who shop in Chester will carry on doing so regardless of the mode of transport used.

You’ve hit the nail on the head with that statement, Wrexham as a novelty trip out, not a social day of shopping with brunch, but an after thought.
    Such a shame for Wrexham, but I suppose making a beach in the middle of a landlocked town, then your setting the presidence of gimmickry anyway.

Y Ffin
    Participant

Great to see we are finally getting the kind of buses that they have been using on the continent for the last decade or so!! The real test will be: do they offer enough leg room. far too many arriva buses are designed for people less than 6ft tall.

wrexview
    Participant

Good to see something of quality coming to Wrexham let’s hope more follows!

Hopefully they’ll use them in the mornings for us long suffering commuters!

Christian
    Participant

Got to say this is a pretty sweet investment that benefits everyone involved. More seats (= more profit for Arriva_, noted benefits for travelers. Free WiFi especially.

Wasn’t all that long ago when Arriva refurb’d some of their older train units to include power sockets too.

Better late than never I guess. :D

NJones
    Participant

Refurbished buses great- now they’ve just got to get rid of some of the ar**holes who drive them.

Couldnt get the free wifi to work – the log in page wouldnt load up for me.

Also the on board announcements get a little tedious with a stop every 30 seconds pretty much until you get past Rossett.

Seats were nice though.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Plans Submitted to Create Studio Flat Above Wrexham Fast Food Restaurant

News

Football Banning Order issued to Wrexham man for ‘pyro offences’

News

Ambulance Service ‘expecting the Bank Holiday period to be a busy one for us’

News

Reminder to check for Schools Essentials Grant before window closes at end of May

News

Wrexham AFC Women Awarded first UEFA License and FAW Tier 1 License renews for 2024/25 Season

News

“Disrespectful” easter egg hunt in cemetery cancelled after backlash

News