Same old same old

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Same old same old

• Author

Mike Davies
    Participant

Jimbow. I don’t know if you use many other forums. I frequent quite a few on a number of different topics. This forum is unmoderated and has very few rules.

If an anonymous person can make accusations about a named person, giving unfounded information from an unknown source, especially when the named person has already stated that the information is not true. That to me is just malicious gossip. Do you think it is ok if he accuser just says “oops sorry, I had incorrect information”? Often by then the damage has already been done.

I have been a union official for many years, I have had to deal with much more abusive comments than I have ever seen on this site. However, those have always been face to face comments not sneaky anonymous statements behind my back. I am quite capable of standing my ground and defending myself, I just wish people had the guts to use their own names when they wish to challenge somebody else in public.

As I have already stated, the style and rules of this forum do not lend itself to open and honest debate. If you read back over the weeks you will find that I have attracted a number of comments from various posters (all anonymous). Some of these have obviously been attempts to discredit me or question my integrity. I have had the bottle to use my real name and I have attempted to interact with the various posters but it is getting rather tiresome. I have used this forum for some years and will continue to use it, however I do not feel it is a suitable venue for serious debate as it is really just a free for all and nobody has to justify anything they say.

Jimbow, please answer this: Would you be happy if an anonymous person made an untrue accusation about you, giving your real name?

I can assure you that many forums would not allow such activity. The problem is that this forum is not heavily used and consequently is unmoderated and has very few rules. Professionally run forums will often have a long list of rules and codes of behaviour. The wxm.com site is excellent but the forum is very weak. That is why you will find very few councillors, council officers or any public figures using it, as they are unprotected from malicious or otherwise derogitory comments.

Regards
    Mike

jimbow
    Participant

Mike.
    First of all if you have a problem with this forum then why post on it?
    Secondly, when I first viewed the Council website I believe you were included in the Independents, and that the two
    unattached were Ronnie Prince and Dave Maddox. This has now been changed and you are unattached. You would have to check with the Council over this.
    I believe you are a little over the top about accusations, wrong information being given out often happens. As for your use of the word stalking, again over the top. You report you have had words with Dana Davies about somebody stalking her, what on earth are you up to? Grow Up comes to mind.

Mike Davies
    Participant

Jimbow. Read my message again, maybe you have difficulty understanding.

You haven’t answered my question to you. Yet you expect me to answer your queries.

My comment about another councillor was directed to somebody else following a rather lengthy discussion.

Give me your real name and we can have a proper debate? If not I am not interested in your thoughts anymore.

jimbow
    Participant

To answer your question , I would not be worried, life is too short.
    My real name is Jim Bowden. Now what difference does that make?
    I think we have to agree to disagree.

Mike Davies
    Participant

Jim

I guess it depended what somebody posted about you, especially if people also knew your address. As you said, life is too short so why do you waste your time on trivialities?

Yes, let’s agree to differ. Maybe I can get some peace now.

Bye.

Mike

Daave63
    Participant

Well done Jim for giving you ‘real’ name, don’t be intimidated by these bullies’. Speaking of bullies – when are you bringing back Bullseye ?

Mike Davies
    Participant

I think that is a fitting end to the topic Daave.

Sheefag
    Participant

Mike, Keep out of the black, and in the red, nothing in this game for two in a bed.

Think on.

AMA Express
    Participant

[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CO-O3FQWoAA5iq6.png[/img]

Daave63
    Participant

Right Ama,tell me how to post a picture or I’m not playing any more!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Welsh Government funding for children’s hospices not enough, says sector leader

News

College’s celebration of education and diversity goes from strength to strength

News

Clean energy projects ‘harming’ rural Wales, warns Conservative MS

News

News

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News