Same old same old

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Same old same old

• Author

99DylanJones
    Participant

Mike is it true that you have already become one of the sheep that are going to be shepherded by Cllr Pritchard into the pen of ‘Independents’?

99DylanJones
    Participant

Just had confirmation looking at next weeks Council meeting there are only two unaligned which means that Mike and many of his newly elected ‘Independents are definitely sheep that have been herded into pens — hope Wrexham.com highlight all of you who in your CV said you wanted to see change yet you have joined the same old.

Hugh Jones is to become Deputy so Dave Bithel has well and truly had his nose put out of joint. The other thing to note in the report it looks like they are still going for an Executive of 10.

4.1 The Council’s membership is divided into different political groups and the following
    figures reflect the numbers of Members in the declared groups of the Council:
    Independent – 16 seats
    Labour Group – 12 seats
    Conservative Group – 9 seats
    Wrexham Independent Group – 8 seats
    Plaid Cymru – 3 seats
    Liberal Democrats – 2 seats
    Total 50 seats
    There are also 2 Non-aligned Members on the Council

http://moderngov.wrexham.gov.uk/documents/g3450/Public%20reports%20pack%2024th-May-2017%2016.00%20Council.pdf?T=10&LLL=undefined

Mike Davies
    Participant

[quote quote=131624]Mike…are you part of a group? Post above states that Maddocks and Prince are the unaligned. So just asking the obvious question…are there 3 unaligned or 2?

[/quote]

As somebody who makes out he knows what is going on, I am surprised that you haven’t made the simple action of checking the council website. If you had, you would see that I am indeed un aligned. I suggest you don’t just follow on with other people’s posts and make your own enquiries. According to the council website, I am in aligned, Councillor Maddocks is aligned with the independent group. I don’t know if that is actually the case though. Maybe you should question him not me. I don’t suppose you would consider aplogising though, as that is not the way of anonymous “keyboard warriors”

I repeat my question from last week. Why are you obsessed with me?

Mike Davies
    Participant

[quote quote=131627]Just had confirmation looking at next weeks Council meeting there are only two unaligned which means that Mike and many of his newly elected ‘Independents are definitely sheep that have been herded into pens — hope Wrexham.com highlight all of you who in your CV said you wanted to see change yet you have joined the same old.

Hugh Jones is to become Deputy so Dave Bithel has well and truly had his nose put out of joint. The other thing to note in the report it looks like they are still going for an Executive of 10.

4.1 The Council’s membership is divided into different political groups and the following
    figures reflect the numbers of Members in the declared groups of the Council:
    Independent – 16 seats
    Labour Group – 12 seats
    Conservative Group – 9 seats
    Wrexham Independent Group – 8 seats
    Plaid Cymru – 3 seats
    Liberal Democrats – 2 seats
    Total 50 seats
    There are also 2 Non-aligned Members on the Council

http://moderngov.wrexham.gov.uk/documents/g3450/Public%20reports%20pack%2024th-May-2017%2016.00%20Council.pdf?T=10&LLL=undefined

[/quote]

Dylan.
    You have now lost any credibility you may have had that you have any clue what is going on in the council. Either that or you are a just deliberately being untruthful. Maybe you can explain why you are spreading lies. It is clearly obvious to anyone who is capable of reading a simple web site what the situation is. You are either being dishonest or you need a little assistance in understanding things. Please ask if that is the case.

99DylanJones
    Participant

Mike – I have no problem in apologising to you personally through this thread re my statement about you now being in the Pritchard flock. I will have a chat with the Group Member who included you in the numbers split.

I will actually go one step further and give you my added respect that you have stayed true to your election status which clearly cannot be said for many of your other new Independent colleagues.

I will look forward to seeing you and Ronnie Prince try to wade through the bureaucratic treacle that the Council call Democracy as you are not a Group.

Interested
    Participant

Mike, if you have a problem with someone asking questions the please refrain from posting or putting yourself out in the public domain. At no time have I been disrespectful and my last post asked for clarification on whether you were part of a group?? Looks to me like you want to engage but seem frightened of responses.

If you don’t want to interact on a forum then that’s fine. I have asked questions of prospective Councillors and have been critical of others through my time on here. I will come to the defence of Dylan on this as well, I may not agree with everything he posts but he is a concerned resident of Wrexham and he highlights issues and questions decisions. If you don’t like my posts Mike….don’t respond. Simple. If my posts are wrong or against the forum rules then please report them.

Mike Davies
    Participant

I do not have problems with people asking questions. But when somebody accuses me of being a sheep who is being shepherded into a pen, after I have clarified that I am not in a group. Is tantamount to calling me a liar. When that statement is based on unconfirmed heresay, that makes the posters comments even worse. I do not appreciate my integrity or principles being questioned when there is no evidence to support the accusations.

I am quite happy to discuss issues openly using my real name. I feel that somebody accusing a named person of being dishonest whilst hiding behind a secret identity is cowardly and possibly not to the spirit of forum rules. However if some of you wish to do so, I feel it says more about your integrity than you possibly think.

If you want to question people, do it in an open and honest way, otherwise you will find that you will end up just talking to yourself or other anonymous posters. That would be a shame is this is a great resource for exchanges of information. I say that because a number of councillors I have spoken to are not inclined to contribute on a forum where such exchanges take place.

By the way, I spoke recently to Dana Davies about this issue and mentioned that a certain stalker of mine appeared to be a huge supporter of hers. She assured me that she did not approve and was rather concerned that maybe somebody was stalking her.

That by the way was a genuine conversation and not a heresay comment of mine.

I assume that eventually you will tire of stalking me. Meanwhile if you ever want to have a genuine debate, please get in touch and we can have a chat over a pint. I assure you I am very easy to get on with. That applies to your sidekick Dylan too.

Regards
    Mike

99DylanJones
    Participant

Mike You may have missed my unreserved apology in earlier thread- unfortunately you will undoubtedly find that there is a Guildhall rumour machine amongst Council Members (and often officers) that often fills in gaps in information and in your case there must have been some wishful thinking that you had committed to a Group. You are clearly someone with principles and could teach a thing or two to some of the others on the Council. Hopefully our paths will cross sometime

Mike Davies
    Participant

[quote quote=131757]Mike You may have missed my unreserved apology in earlier thread- unfortunately you will undoubtedly find that there is a Guildhall rumour machine amongst Council Members (and often officers) that often fills in gaps in information and in your case there must have been some wishful thinking that you had committed to a Group. You are clearly someone with principles and could teach a thing or two to some of the others on the Council. Hopefully our paths will cross sometime

[/quote]

Dylan, I did not miss your post. I chose not to post as I was a bit disappointed that you chose to ignore my assertation and believed the comment from an un-named councillor that I had joined their group. However, I do appreciate your comment. If you need to know anything about me or my intentions in future, please ask me directly and don’t ask other people who have no contact with me.

I am finding it all a bit tiresome now, as a minor candidate and now councillor I seem to have attracted a lot of comments on this forum. I just want to get on with the job of trying to do my bit for my ward and Wrexham in general. I am new to this and it is a learning process.

I would like to continue posting on this forum but I am finding it a bit distressing for my family and loved ones who have to read unfounded and sometimes inflamitory comments about me.

Maybe I am best leaving people to talk amongst themselves. Maybe they will get bored as it is 5 years until the next council elections. Hopefully in that time I will have been able to prove my intentions and abilities.

Regards
    Mike

jimbow
    Participant

I would like to continue posting on this forum but I am finding it a bit distressing for my family and loved ones who have to read unfounded and sometimes inflamitory comments about me.

[/quote]Mike.
    If what Dylan posted in good faith was wrong information that he was given and since apologised for. If as you say is a bit distressing, then it is my belief that you should not have entered into local politics. If the fire is too hot, then get out before it burns you. You will get more flack than this on your political journey. Its all about opinions.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Funding support for sustainable projects in Clwydian Range and Dee Valley

News

Level crossing safety plea to North Wales holidaymakers this Easter

News

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News