Saith Seren

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Saith Seren

• Author

Adam
    Participant

For what it’s worth, the minutes below seem to suggest 80% relief was granted, unless I’m reading it wrong.

https://www.wrexham.gov.uk/MinutesData/ExBoard/ex13052014m.htm

Completely agree Alun about the ‘pub’ setting. A real shame as the retrofit carried out previously was pretty tasteful. The arrival of the fruit machine and the Sky Sports screen, however innocuous, did really set out the stall for the clientele it was aiming for.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dylan this might be the greatest conspiracy theory ever! A pub closing down due to council interference ? What a load of tripe! Why make sure utterly ridiculous claims? The pub was officiated by community councillors. Call Oliver stone and see if he’s interested….this could be a blockbuster!

wxmlad
    Participant

the bird muck outside that place is a discrace, if they are too idle to clean it up it deserves to shut

Daave63
    Participant

OMG Mrs Crewe, 2 points here,
    1; what an ugly cat! &
    2; why not let said cat bury the cr*p that spurts from your gob in the garden, no wonder the late, great Maureen Ann Gray ran rings around you!
    No offence like.

Lemonpopsical
    Participant

[quote quote=92833]It is another example of social engineering by the Welsh Gov, with short term funding and little actual research into whether it was viable in Wrexham. The failure is the failure of the Welsh Gov and their increasingly facist Welsh language agenda.

[/quote]

If only the UK Government was as militant about English…

Fascist*

bobo the clown
    Participant

Notwithstanding the spelling, completely correct.

Sheefag
    Participant

Welsh nationalists openly hostile to English speakers for generations.
    Welsh nationalists tell English speakers they aren’t welcome for generations.
    Welsh nationalists open pub in minority Welsh speaking town and are shocked when it closes due to low patronage.
    You couldn’t make it up.

Adam
    Participant

[quote quote=93009]Welsh nationalists openly hostile to English speakers for generations.
    Welsh nationalists tell English speakers they aren’t welcome for generations.
    Welsh nationalists open pub in minority Welsh speaking town and are shocked when it closes due to low patronage.
    You couldn’t make it up.

[/quote]

Put you down for a tenner then..?

Alert – Saith Seren faces closure – find out how SSiW is trying to help

Tell you what Saith Seren, if you offer quality locally sourced food and drink in a pleasant, welcoming atmosphere I will exchange those goods for a suitable monetary value which you can put towards your overhead costs. Sounds crazy I know but may just work.

Otherwise I’ll just keep going to the Pant. That’s Welsh isn’t it?

Sheefag
    Participant

[quote quote=93012]
    Tell you what Saith Seren, if you offer quality locally sourced food and drink in a pleasant, welcoming atmosphere I will exchange those goods for a suitable monetary value which you can put towards your overhead costs. Sounds crazy I know but may just work.

Otherwise I’ll just keep going to the Pant. That’s Welsh isn’t it?[/quote]

Spot on Adam. Good food, good drink and an inclusive, welcoming atmosphere is what most normal people want from a pub.

Apart from assuming the rent to be optional, I wonder where else Saith Seren got it wrong.

99DylanJones
    Participant

Reading the Leader today it appears Saith Seren has now totally changed from being a business venture earning income from food, drink and other activities to one now that needs a donated income of #3000 a month to keep the doors open. This clearly cant be a good use of donated money to keep a trading entity afloat. These people need to live in the real world and recognise this level of subsidy shows that the management and operational model is wrong.
    They need to decamp from Saith Seren and get out and abut doing Welsh classes etc in other pubs and venuses across the County.
    Good luck to getting Welsh classes out and abut in the community but I would not donate a 1p to keep the doors open on this centre.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham Council awaits Welsh Government guidance on 20MPH changes and welcomes community input

News

New role for Big Nev as Gŵyl Wal Goch returns to Wrexham for 2024!

News

Hydro Announces £13m Investment in State-of-the-Art Scrap Sorting Facility at Wrexham Plant

News

Fearless fundraisers to scale their biggest challenge yet for children’s hospices

News

Plans submitted for microbrewery on Wrexham farm

News

Warning issued after ‘lithium battery’ causes fire at Wrexham recycling centre

News