Royal Mail

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Royal Mail

• Author

asteve76
    Participant

@MP1953 19039 wrote:

The reason given at the time was Health & Safety with all the vans going in and out, but again as already said, rather than banning cars altogether a way round it could have been found, a sledge hammer to crack a nut seems to be the way forward these days…

That’s sounds like very odd reasoning.
    If they were concerned about members of the public being injured by their vans, surely banning people themselves rather than their vehicles from entering the property would have solved that.

justjojo2011
    Participant

I don’t drive either and I noticed ages ago lol. Maybe I’m more nosey than you lol

@asteve76 19020 wrote:

Actually, I never realised.
    What usually happens is I pick up the package when I go into town a day or two later.
    I don’t drive, I use the bus and never noticed the no parking signs until relatively recently.

AMA Express
    Participant

Elfin Safety has a lot to answer for.

MP1953
    Participant

@asteve76 19060 wrote:

If they were concerned about members of the public being injured by their vans, surely banning people themselves rather than their vehicles from entering the property would have solved that.

Yea I know I thought that at the time,

It was apparently to do with people walking from their cars, and once they got out of the cars then crossing the car park in all sorts of directions, and with all the vans up and down, it was hard to control, but now there are areas clearly marked out to walk along and if anyone strays off it is their fault…..

BenjaminM
    Participant

@asteve76 19060 wrote:

And how would people collect their letters/ parcels then?
    Perhaps punters could stand on Mold Rd, whistle for attention and get their mail thrown over the fence.
    As stupid a proposition as yours!

chris579
    Participant

@Llayman 19016 wrote:

I’ve never been to collect something from there without being able to find a parking spot in Caxton Place. Maybe I’ve just been lucky.

Whilst I totally sympathise with those struggling to get undelivered mail from the Sorting Office; I feel I have to respond to Llayman’s earlier comment regarding Caxton Place. There is an ongoing problem with parking at Caxton Place which has definitely increased since the introduction of restrictions at the Sorting Office next door. At the same time other nearby parking areas such as the General Station have introduced stricter control of parking. Access to the apartments is off a very busy road with junctions and challenging lane changing – not to mention a high volume of pedestrian traffic. Careless parking on the access road adds to the safety concerns for residents – in some cases the access has been completely blocked – not just for residents of course but for emergency vehicles also. Then there are the thoughtless and disrespectful folk who park in the parking bays owned by residents. How would you feel if some stranger parked their car in your driveway without permission.

zinger
    Participant

Thinking back, wasn’t planning permission refused for an official car park where the flats are at Caxton Place because of dangerous access onto a busy road?

Null
    Participant

@chris579 19279 wrote:

Careless parking on the access road adds to the safety concerns for residents – in some cases the access has been completely blocked – not just for residents of course but for emergency vehicles also. Then there are the thoughtless and disrespectful folk who park in the parking bays owned by residents. How would you feel if some stranger parked their car in your driveway without permission.

I sincerely hope that your response to me doesn’t imply that I do any of those things…

chris579
    Participant

@Llayman 19288 wrote:

I sincerely hope that your response to me doesn’t imply that I do any of those things…

It’s not clear from your original post whether you are parking on Caxton Place – the road between Regent House and Caxton Place or on the Caxton Place appartment complex. The former is of course perfectly fine whereas the latter causes many problems. I was concerned to make clear the fact that the roadway and parking bays in front of the Caxton Place appartments should not be used for general parking – only for residents. On any given day dozens of non-resident motorists do use the parking bays and the access road. When challenged, this hasin the past led to aggressive responses from motorists and even violent behaviour requiring a police response.

Since your posting wasn’t clear I felt it was essential to make the point.

Null
    Participant

Only ever within one of the well marked bays on the road that are clearly signed for up to 30 minutes maximum parking. I don’t park where I’m not supposed to. I think the most I’ve had to park there is for 10 minutes when I had to queue inside the RM office.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Welsh Government funding for children’s hospices not enough, says sector leader

News

College’s celebration of education and diversity goes from strength to strength

News

Clean energy projects ‘harming’ rural Wales, warns Conservative MS

News

News

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News