Royal Mail

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Royal Mail

• Author

asteve76
    Participant

@Andy 19007 wrote:

No. Not Majestic wine. The empty retail unit next door. And definitely not Dunhelm as TPS goon prowls there.

I suppose so Andy. It’s okay to park just down from Majestic Wine. For now.

asteve76
    Participant

@justjojo2011 19013 wrote:

You just realised this? It’s been no customer parking for a good couple of years now

Actually, I never realised.
    What usually happens is I pick up the package when I go into town a day or two later.
    I don’t drive, I use the bus and never noticed the no parking signs until relatively recently.

asteve76
    Participant

The last couple of occasions we’ve had to use the car to pick up our package, we’ve used the station car park.

johnhoppy
    Participant

Is it legal to deprive services from a section of society?

Not everyone can walk the distance from a legal parking space to the sorting office.

Did the Post Office make provision for the disabled and elderly when they decided to withdraw public parking at the site?

asteve76
    Participant

There was no need to change anything.
    All they had to do was allocate a time for customers to pick up their stuff.
    In the mornings their car park is almost completely empty.
    Its only later in the day, when the vans have returned from their deliveries, that they need the spaces.

Chris
    Participant

@johnhoppy 19029 wrote:

Is it legal to deprive services from a section of society?

Not everyone can walk the distance from a legal parking space to the sorting office.

Did the Post Office make provision for the disabled and elderly when they decided to withdraw public parking at the site?

Yes there is provision

zinger
    Participant

Preventing the public from parking when collecting their post was probably all part of that stupid road structure that was created for the Central Retail Park. Having said that, I am not sure that public parking was actually allowed before, just that eyes were averted unless someone caused an obstruction.

MP1953
    Participant

@zinger 19037 wrote:

Preventing the public from parking when collecting their post was probably all part of that stupid road structure that was created for the Central Retail Park. Having said that, I am not sure that public parking was actually allowed before, just that eyes were averted unless someone caused an obstruction.

The reason given at the time was Health & Safety with all the vans going in and out, but again as already said, rather than banning cars altogether a way round it could have been found, a sledge hammer to crack a nut seems to be the way forward these days…

AMA Express
    Participant

@MP1953 19039 wrote:

a sledge hammer to crack a nut seems to be the way forward these days…

No problem, so long as you have a Permit To Work in triplicate. :D

Darlofan
    Participant

So you can’t drive in there but you can walk right through the place? I’d say you’d be safer driving in than walking. If it’s safety of postmen it would be interesting to know how many were knocked over to force the change. As said most of the day the car park is virtually empty.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham Council awaits Welsh Government guidance on 20MPH changes and welcomes community input

News

New role for Big Nev as Gŵyl Wal Goch returns to Wrexham for 2024!

News

Hydro Announces £13m Investment in State-of-the-Art Scrap Sorting Facility at Wrexham Plant

News

Fearless fundraisers to scale their biggest challenge yet for children’s hospices

News

Plans submitted for microbrewery on Wrexham farm

News

Warning issued after ‘lithium battery’ causes fire at Wrexham recycling centre

News