Royal Mail

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Royal Mail

• Author

johnhoppy
    Participant

I don’t worry about the harsh comments asteve76. There seems to be a small number of posters on here determined to trivialise matters. This is an internet forum and as such we all must be prepared to have differing views thrown back at us, but a few are trying to turn it into comedy playhouse. Thank you for your support.

Captain C
    Participant

I agree with you John, the post times are all over the place these days and when a postman does not turn in the other postmen have to cover and do double shifts which is not acceptable. I was chatting to our postman the other afternoon and he and his partner were doing a treble shift so our post arrived after 4.00pm and this is on a round that 20 years ago we received the post at 8.30am.

Sadly there are a number of members on this forum who think they are both clever and funny and spoil perfectly good threads with their stupid remarks and it’s about time that Wrexham.com kicked them off.

Sheefag
    Participant

Another pint of BITTER Captain?

Captain C
    Participant

Who said I was talking about you?

AMA Express
    Participant

[quote quote=93833]

There’s just no pleasing some people !

I’m glad you think its acceptable to have mail delivered after 7pm.

[/quote]

I it’s very acceptable.

There are far more important things in life to worry about. For instance, will Morrison’s still have Raspberry Doughnuts at 2 packs for a £1 when I get there at 6.30pm.

;)

AMA Express
    Participant

[quote quote=93833]

There’s just no pleasing some people !

I’m glad you think its acceptable to have mail delivered after 7pm.

[/quote]

Yes, it’s very acceptable.

There are far more important things in life to worry about. For instance, will Morrison’s still have Raspberry Doughnuts at 2 packs for a £1 when I get there at 6.30pm.

Sheefag
    Participant

[quote quote=94557]I think you’re getting some harsh comments here John. I’m totally on your side.
    The issue isn’t that you’re not getting your mail when expected, just the hour at which it arrives.
    And after accepting that its not coming on that day, going out , maybe to the pub or whatever, coming home to find the dreaded red and white card on the floor telling you that you’ve missed a delivery.
    Of course, on going into town the next day to the sorting office, you discover that there’s no customer parking available there.
    So, either you risk a fine by parking across the road by dunhelm mill and walking back over to the sorting office or find somewhere in the centre of town to park and walk there.

[/quote]

St Marks Road multi storey car park to the sorting office – 0.2 miles and 4 minutes by foot.
    https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/53.0467456,-2.9980585/Royal+Mail+Group+Ltd,+94+Regent+Street,+Wrexham,+Clwyd+LL11+1AA/@53.0470584,-2.9969856,17z/data=!4m8!4m7!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x487ac702e377b84f:0xbaa0868df2cbca6e!2m2!1d-3.000451!2d53.048774

asteve76
    Participant

[quote quote=94620]

I think you’re getting some harsh comments here John. I’m totally on your side.
    The issue isn’t that you’re not getting your mail when expected, just the hour at which it arrives.
    And after accepting that its not coming on that day, going out , maybe to the pub or whatever, coming home to find the dreaded red and white card on the floor telling you that you’ve missed a delivery.
    Of course, on going into town the next day to the sorting office, you discover that there’s no customer parking available there.
    So, either you risk a fine by parking across the road by dunhelm mill and walking back over to the sorting office or find somewhere in the centre of town to park and walk there.

St Marks Road multi storey car park to the sorting office – 0.2 miles and 4 minutes by foot.
    https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/53.0467456,-2.9980585/Royal+Mail+Group+Ltd,+94+Regent+Street,+Wrexham,+Clwyd+LL11+1AA/@53.0470584,-2.9969856,17z/data=!4m8!4m7!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x487ac702e377b84f:0xbaa0868df2cbca6e!2m2!1d-3.000451!2d53.048774

[/quote]
    This is true of course. But isn’t there a charge for parking here, even if you’re only there 10 minutes?
    I’ve checked the AA Parking app and it tells me the minimum charge for parking is £2.30 for 2 hours.
    Please do tell me if this is incorrect as I’ve not used that car park for many years.

Sheefag
    Participant

Aye, £2.30.
    You could always get the bus I suppose.

Swan
    Participant

fair doos you gota keep your sence of humour on ere. but come on guys the old royal mail do one elloffa job and remember all those years ago they only delivered 10 letters a week. nowadays they do millions a day and it must be an impossible task to manage it. saying that they do have there problems and I have emailed them only this week myself. but now you mention it, this thing at the sorting office is truly dumb I think this was an insurance issue and they had to close to the public. so its a customer pick up point with no access for the customer good show there. should have gone down the ind est years ago when they had the chance well! maybe

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News