Rooftop siege where police delivered KFC meals cost force over £8,000 Check out all

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Rooftop siege where police delivered KFC meals cost force over £8,000 Check out all

• Author

Wrecsam_lad
    Participant

53 constables, 41 PCSOs, 7 sergeants, 6 dog vans, 3 inspectors, 2 armed response vehicles, crime scene investigator, and crime car were used.
    Daily Mirror,, Rooftop siege where police delivered KFC meals cost force over £8,000 – Mirror Online

Should have water cannoned them off the second they went up there….

Rob
    Participant

£15 for the infamous KFC meal!

Wrecsam_lad
    Participant

@Rob 7318 wrote:

£15 for the infamous KFC meal!

Glad to see our tax went to good use…….NOT……:mad:

Metalhead
    Participant

£8,500 to deliver a couple of idiots small cardboard boxes filled with inedible lard….bargain!

…seriously though, why the hell did they feed them? :confused:

BenjaminM
    Participant

And let’s not forget the use of the helicopter for goodness knows how many hours, at £1000+ per hour!
    When I enquired why the helicopter was in use, I was informed that ‘ If the lads made a run for it, they could be tracked’.
    The number of Police on site could have held hands and encircled the building to prevent a get away.
    Ah we’ll, I suppose the excitement for them was better than booking motorists ‘speeding’ at 32 mph.

thewayneinspain
    Participant

as pointed out by benjaminM anyone actually think the figures?

Rondetto
    Participant

Crazy waste of money. Like others say, it should’ve been over within the first hour.

thewayneinspain
    Participant
    thewayneinspain;7330 wrote:
    as pointed out by benjaminM anyone actually think the figures?

meant to ask

anyone think the figures are true?

no helicopter costs for a start. And awfully cheap given how long the protest was (plus debrief time) given there were over 100 staff deployed.

Metalhead
    Participant

@thewayneinspain 7336 wrote:

meant to ask

anyone think the figures are true?

no helicopter costs for a start. And awfully cheap given how long the protest was (plus debrief time) given there were over 100 staff deployed.

I suspect they were actually higher, when further things such as solicitors/court/jailing costs etc. are taken into account it will make this episode look even more of a joke. When I think of things that I am informed cannot be addressed in our community due to an apparent lack of council funds it’s ridiculous that so much tax payers money was wasted getting a couple of wazzocks off a roof (that’s right I’m bringing the word wazzock back!).

thewayneinspain
    Participant

The demo for the racists & fascists EDL cost 217k in police costs that was only for a few hours and used less policemen.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News