Roadworks Gresford Roundabout and Link Road

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Roadworks Gresford Roundabout and Link Road

• Author

wrexview
    Participant

There are lane restrictions on both sides of the road , up to now they have just installed four metal posts. Anyone know what they are for ?

Born Acorn
    Participant

This morning I saw the fine art of “Cone curling” in which a guy on one side of the road throws cones to the other side, whilst cars approach! Every one I saw slid to a halt right at the far side!

It could be new signage? Lane guidance signs maybe? Noticed the cones are on the Westbound side.

Rob
    Participant

Its a pair of ‘clearway’ signs, indicating no stopping for 3 miles.

Guessing its to help educate industrial estate traffic?

Never seen anyone stopped on the link road mind.

Born Acorn
    Participant

Ah yes, clearway signs, makes sense.

I can’t see why they might be needed on a dual carriageway though, then again I’ve seen people walking home along the new link road!

wrexview
    Participant

I can see now they are clearway signs. They seem very large in the overall vista of the road.The sign they really needed to add was one directing the Whitchurch traffic to the new link road rather than going through the centre of Wrexham! I wonder if they will ever do that one.

wrexview
    Participant

Having driven down the link road towards the Gresford Roundabout the clearway sign obstructs the view of the left hand traffic light.Which is more important to know, the clearway has ended or whether the traffic light is on stop? At the other end of the clearway , where the new link road joins the industrial estate, the clearway ends signs are much smaller but do the job.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

New role for Big Nev as Gŵyl Wal Goch returns to Wrexham for 2024!

News

Hydro Announces £13m Investment in State-of-the-Art Scrap Sorting Facility at Wrexham Plant

News

Fearless fundraisers to scale their biggest challenge yet for children’s hospices

News

Plans submitted for microbrewery on Wrexham farm

News

Warning issued after ‘lithium battery’ causes fire at Wrexham recycling centre

News

Demand for Welsh courses ‘outstripping capacity’

News