Roadside weeds

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Roadside weeds

• Author

jimbow
    Participant

[quote quote=173088]Sorry MP1953 I live in Garden Village and our Councillor Andy Williams does everything in his power for our ward. Since he took over the ward he has transformed it, is always there for you when you want him. You will not find a better Councillor.

Maybe you should have a word with Andy, because the weeds have never looked so bad in Garden village…..& its on HIS watch![/quote]

Why don’t you report it to the Council if as you say its never looked so bad?

wxmlad
    Participant

[quote quote=173089]

Sorry MP1953 I live in Garden Village and our Councillor Andy Williams does everything in his power for our ward. Since he took over the ward he has transformed it, is always there for you when you want him. You will not find a better Councillor.

Maybe you should have a word with Andy, because the weeds have never looked so bad in Garden village…..& its on HIS watch!

Why don’t you report it to the Council if as you say its never looked so bad?[/quote]

I have

jimbow
    Participant

[quote quote=173090]

Sorry MP1953 I live in Garden Village and our Councillor Andy Williams does everything in his power for our ward. Since he took over the ward he has transformed it, is always there for you when you want him. You will not find a better Councillor.

Maybe you should have a word with Andy, because the weeds have never looked so bad in Garden village…..& its on HIS watch!

Why don’t you report it to the Council if as you say its never looked so bad?

I have[/quote]

Well done. At the end of the day it is not Andy who personally goes around with weed killer. The Council decide what and when and if this will happen not Andy.

Huw
    Participant

Little Acton is the same. Not sure if same Councillor as Acton/Borras but things getting ignored and left there as well.

zinger
    Participant

Cllr. William Baldwin for Little Acton.

Matt
    Participant

Surely you all have local community councils in your areas? There’s usually 1 or 2 people within that community council who go round dealing with issues like this. At least that’s how it works in Penycae. They usually get volunteers out to collect the litter etc…

Perhaps they need to get people to form together into a group and go on a weeding day around your respective areas.

No doubt that sort of positive and proactive behaviour would be frowned upon by the council because of health and safety in this day and age – in case someone trips over a daisy and sues. Or DBS checks required for all!

Councillor X
    Participant

A local councillor has called for glyphosate-based weedkillers which have been linked to cases of cancer to be banned in Wales.
    Councillor Ronnie Prince has lobbied Wrexham Council to end its use of products such as Roundup for more than a year after he witnessed it being sprayed on grass verges in Caia Park.

BLAME RONNIE for the weeds!

Matt, I have a weed free garden. MRs Councillor X went to a “retreat” for a couple of weeks and Podge started a rumour I had done away with her. I ended up helping the police while they dug my garden up.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Level crossing safety plea to North Wales holidaymakers this Easter

News

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News