Roadside weeds

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Roadside weeds

• Author

wxmlad
    Participant

Is it new council policy or a cost cutting measure not to treat roadside weeds? The whole borough looks a real mess & I guess these weeds damage the tarmac, on roads & pavement.

Has anyone noticed the rubbish on the side of the road, from the golf club roundabout to Borras hall lane? there are 2 cushion & other rubbish there, they have been there for over a month! The road is like an open skip. Shame on you Wrexham Council & Wrexham councillors!

JP
    Participant

The road side rubbish is more to do with the barely roadworthy trailers and overloaded roof racks on the weekend tip run.
    Llan Y Pwll link road and Cefn Road are also prone to heaps of rubbish falling off cars, pickups, trailers and roof racks on the way to the “Recyling Centre”.

Councillor X
    Participant

One man’s weed is another man’s flower. Remember that Wrexham Council has been urged to allow wildflowers to grow on grass verges throughout the county.
    So these weeds/ flowers are helping with biodiversity and saving a lot of cash so they can tarmac the Councillor and Top Management Car Park (had a look when on the way to Saith Seren and it was looking good)
    I did comment the other day that the roundabouts looked sh1te now the flowers were dead and needed burning off.

JP is right about the rubbish. You see a lot of nobs with stuff falling off their trailers BUT its better than fly tipping ain’t it?

Going to help the towns economy now and pop over to the dirty dragon.

Matt
    Participant

[quote quote=173060]One man’s weed is another man’s flower. Remember that Wrexham Council has been urged to allow wildflowers to grow on grass verges throughout the county.
    So these weeds/ flowers are helping with biodiversity and saving a lot of cash so they can tarmac the Councillor and Top Management Car Park (had a look when on the way to Saith Seren and it was looking good)
    I did comment the other day that the roundabouts looked sh1te now the flowers were dead and needed burning off.

JP is right about the rubbish. You see a lot of nobs with stuff falling off their trailers BUT its better than fly tipping ain’t it?

Going to help the towns economy now and pop over to the dirty dragon.[/quote]

How does the garden grow at Château Conseiller X? Also who’s in charge of green thumbs duty Mr or Mrs X?

Huw
    Participant

[quote quote=173057]Is it new council policy or a cost cutting measure not to treat roadside weeds? The whole borough looks a real mess & I guess these weeds damage the tarmac, on roads & pavement.

Has anyone noticed the rubbish on the side of the road, from the golf club roundabout to Borras hall lane? there are 2 cushion & other rubbish there, they have been there for over a month! The road is like an open skip. Shame on you Wrexham Council & Wrexham councillors![/quote]

Trying to get things done in and around Acton/Borras is like banging your head against a brick wall!

pete
    Participant

The council always used to put weedkiller down along the kerbs to keep the weeds down but people kicked up a fuss about it and they’ve stopped doing it (around here they have anyway).

zinger
    Participant

Sorry Pete that is just an excuse. Since when did WCBC take notice of the people.

Huw, I had to look up the councillors for Acton & Borras. Cllrs. Geoff Lowe & Debbie Wallice. I haven’t heard of either of them being involved in fighting too many battles for their wards. That is not to say that they haven’t, just they keep rather low profile.

MP1953
    Participant

[quote quote=173084]Sorry Pete that is just an excuse. Since when did WCBC take notice of the people.

Huw, I had to look up the councillors for Acton & Borras. Cllrs. Geoff Lowe & Debbie Wallice. I haven’t heard of either of them being involved in fighting too many battles for their wards. That is not to say that they haven’t, just they keep rather low profile.[/quote]

Garden Village area is no better, and how did Acton Park get the green flag awarded again ?

jimbow
    Participant

[quote quote=173086]

Sorry Pete that is just an excuse. Since when did WCBC take notice of the people.

Huw, I had to look up the councillors for Acton & Borras. Cllrs. Geoff Lowe & Debbie Wallice. I haven’t heard of either of them being involved in fighting too many battles for their wards. That is not to say that they haven’t, just twill hey keep rather low profile.

Garden Village area is no better, and how did Acton Park get the green flag awarded again ?[/quote]

Sorry MP1953 I live in Garden Village and our Councillor Andy Williams does everything in his power for our ward. Since he took over the ward he has transformed it, is always there for you when you want him. You will not find a better Councillor.

wxmlad
    Participant

Sorry MP1953 I live in Garden Village and our Councillor Andy Williams does everything in his power for our ward. Since he took over the ward he has transformed it, is always there for you when you want him. You will not find a better Councillor.

Maybe you should have a word with Andy, because the weeds have never looked so bad in Garden village…..& its on HIS watch!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News