Road Works

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Road Works

• Author

johnhoppy
    Participant

Katia has a valid point regarding pedestrianised areas. Are these together with parking restrictions a ploy to force motorists to use car parks. I am not as mobile as I would like these days but would not qualify for a Blue badge, and find the walk from the car parks to the shopping areas arduous at times. Double Yellow lines restrict parking for the majority of us but Blue Badge holders are able to park on them for a limited period, so it is apparent that these restrictions are not there for safety reasons. Maybe our Town Centres would be busier if we were able to park closer to the shops.

moggsie
    Participant

@BenjaminM 14620 wrote:

You may call it a throwaway point Alun, but now you have raised the subject, let me add some other points that you and others have conveniently ignored in your attempt to blame car parking charges as one of the prime reason for the deterioration of town centre businesses.

Some fair points Ben, but to be honest, even though he does bang on about rates etc, he doesn’t do a bad job at all with his business. I’m sure he’s doing all he can.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Warning issued after ‘lithium battery’ causes fire at Wrexham recycling centre

News

Demand for Welsh courses ‘outstripping capacity’

News

New economy minister sets out his priorities for Wales

News

7 Facts You Should (or Shouldn’t) Go For a Ph.D.

News

Proposals submitted to turn Wrexham beauty salon into children’s home

News

Friends take on 45-mile ultramarathon to raise funds for mental health charity

News