Road Parking

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Road Parking

• Author

lazyjack
    Participant

@PhilWynn 17926 wrote:

Jack – it is my understanding that Poyser St will also be made one-way to prevent the street becoming a rat-run as you have rightly pointed out.

As I have already stated it is for a trial period so we will need to monitor the change in driving patterns to see if matters are improved or not as the case may be.

Cllr Phil Wynn

A simpler solution might be a single yellow line all the way down the Bellevue side with 8/9am – 5/6pm restrictions. Residents could then still park overnight when there is less traffic around but it would improve things during the day when it seems to be causing most problems.

I’m pretty sure Poyser Street will still become a rat run as I would assume it will be one way in the opposite direction to Ruthin Road. Please don’t tell me it will be in the same direction……….

PhilWynn
    Participant

@lazyjack 17927 wrote:

A simpler solution might be a single yellow line all the way down the Bellevue side with 8/9am – 5/6pm restrictions. Residents could then still park overnight when there is less traffic around but it would improve things during the day when it seems to be causing most problems.

The only problem is the side streets in the day are already clogged with vehicles belonging to town-centre workers, shoppers , Gerard Bakery staff and the situation will only get worse for those living in these streets if we were to do as you suggest.

As one of the local members I am being asked to carry out a balancing act, whereby we are trying to keep everyone happy. Only the trial will prove if a one-way system will improve traffic flows in the area. If it does not, having given it a reasonable time, then I shall ask for the trial to be ended without delay.

Cllr Phil Wynn

lazyjack
    Participant

@PhilWynn 17928 wrote:

The only problem is the side streets in the day are already clogged with vehicles belonging to town-centre workers, shoppers , Gerard Bakery staff and the situation will only get worse for those living in these streets if we were to do as you suggest.

As one of the local members I am being asked to carry out a balancing act, whereby we are trying to keep everyone happy. Only the trial will prove if a one-way system will improve traffic flows in the area. If it does not, having given it a reasonable time, then I shall ask for the trial to be ended without delay.

Cllr Phil Wynn

If residents can’t park in their own street because of Gerrard’s staff and town centre workers and shoppers then some streets may need some sort of permit system applied. I have occasionally used Ruthin Road to park for an hour or two but I wouldn’t have the cheek to park in any of the residential side streets (Peel St, Gibson St etc) while I went to work all day.

johnhoppy
    Participant

Everyone needs to step back a bit and think about what they are suggesting here. Just because it is a little inconvenient at times to negotiate parked cars does not mean that draconian measures need to be taken to prevent parking on this road, or any change to the traffic flow. It is not a major road, it is reasonably wide, and with a little patience it is easily negotiated. There are far more important problems for the council to spend money on and for us to get worked up over.

beedar
    Participant

It’s simple, double yellow lines on one side will alleviate the problem

zinger
    Participant

I must have been lucky because I have not had any problems negotiating this road. Give me this road as it is now, over one way or ‘laughing’ policemen any day.

lazyjack
    Participant

@johnhoppy 17930 wrote:

Everyone needs to step back a bit and think about what they are suggesting here. Just because it is a little inconvenient at times to negotiate parked cars does not mean that draconian measures need to be taken to prevent parking on this road, or any change to the traffic flow. It is not a major road, it is reasonably wide, and with a little patience it is easily negotiated. There are far more important problems for the council to spend money on and for us to get worked up over.

I agree, whenever I’ve used the road I’ve had no issues whatsoever. Out of interest, do you think a one-way system would work ? I just think it’s a complete waste of time and money as I can’t see any way it would become permanent.

johnhoppy
    Participant

@lazyjack 17934 wrote:

I agree, whenever I’ve used the road I’ve had no issues whatsoever. Out of interest, do you think a one-way system would work ? I just think it’s a complete waste of time and money as I can’t see any way it would become permanent.

Of course a one way system would work…we’d make it work. Is it necessary…NO.

jok
    Participant

Double yellow lines are needed from Ruabon Road/Penybryn to the new traffic lights, not a one way system. Reinstate the roundabout with traffic lights activated by pedestrians wishing to cross the road. All traffic would be halted whilst people are crossing and traffic flow resumed by allowing a staggered start, say Bradley Road/Victoria Road first and Ruthin Road in both directions a few seconds later.

Mrs Crewe
    Participant

Of course parking isn’t a problem for Councillors as they have free parking in the centre of town at the Guildhall. In fact the senior management get free parking too. None of the rest of the less well paid staff get free parking, they have to pay the extortionate amount to come to work.
    There have been several attempts to make the parking for staff in the Council fair, by making everyone pay but the Councillors won’t vote away their free parking. So much for a democratic organisation.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

“Lots of Wrexham routes make perfect sense for review” – Ken Skates on 20 MPH

News

Eisteddfod proclamation on Saturday will be ‘full of colour’

News

“Constructive” meeting over odour complaints at Hafod landfill

News

Hundreds facing cancer treatment delays as waiting times hit second-worst on record

News

Thrilling new water park to waves in North Wales seaside town

News

Nationwide ban on wet wipes containing plastic set to be introduced

News