Road Parking

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Road Parking

• Author

johnhoppy
    Participant

JaneJ…..you talk about the people who park there as ‘culprits’. There is no parking restriction on this road so anyone is permitted to park there as long as they like, as long as they are not causing an obstruction.

Born Acorn
    Participant

The only ‘culprits’ are highways who should have done something about it when it started to become an issue years ago – 2006 was it?.

As a separate observation, what else happened around the same time? Oh yes – Eagles Meadow was closed as a council car park.

Sheefag
    Participant

Spot on Jane, penalise the workers for deigning to go to work instead of sitting on their fat arses, doing nothing instead.

JaneJ
    Participant

On re reading what I posted I see why people think I was having a go at workers parking — that was not my intention I was trying to high light Clr Wynns assertions that residents needed car parking and my point is there is very limited housing. Free for all parking is the norm for drivers who clearly look for a freebie space first before paying a car park fee if possible.
    I have no problem who parks there but the safety is essential and a single side car parking seems to be the only solution.

lazyjack
    Participant

I also think that a one-way system on this road is a stupid idea. Anyone remember the one-way trial under Stansty bridge ? Total disaster and the only people who couldn’t see it coming were the council.

There are several issues which seem quite obvious to me:

* Cars are more likely to speed down the road if it’s one-way, as there’s no oncoming traffic to worry about
    * Some cars which can no longer go in one direction may use Poyser Street instead, which just happens to have SCHOOL ENTRANCES on, along with a lot of houses
    * Other surrounding streets, such as Bradley Road and Ruabon Road/Pen-y-Bryn, which are already extremely busy will just become busier

lazyjack
    Participant

@lazyjack 17908 wrote:

* Other surrounding streets, such as Bradley Road and Ruabon Road/Pen-y-Bryn, which are already extremely busy will just become busier

Actually meant Victoria Road, not Bradley Road.

cmaj76
    Participant

@lazyjack 17908 wrote:

I also think that a one-way system on this road is a stupid idea. Anyone remember the one-way trial under Stansty bridge ? Total disaster and the only people who couldn’t see it coming were the council.

* Cars are more likely to speed down the road if it’s one-way, as there’s no oncoming traffic to worry about
    * Some cars which can no longer go in one direction may use Poyser Street instead, which just happens to have SCHOOL ENTRANCES on, along with a lot of houses

Sounds like common sense to me, maybe that’s why we don’t work for the council.

david1ten
    Participant

Park there all the time, no problem using Ruthin Road, just take your time and be courteous. There’s little enough free parking in town.

PhilWynn
    Participant

@JaneJ 17904 wrote:

On re reading what I posted I see why people think I was having a go at workers parking — that was not my intention I was trying to high light Clr Wynns assertions that residents needed car parking and my point is there is very limited housing. Free for all parking is the norm for drivers who clearly look for a freebie space first before paying a car park fee if possible.
    I have no problem who parks there but the safety is essential and a single side car parking seems to be the only solution.

Jane- it is not so much the local residents that need the parking spaces that Ruthin Rd offer but any reduction will inevitably lead to displaced vehicles being parked up on residential side streets leading off Bradley Rd or Poyser St and there in lies my concern.

Ruthin Rd on-street parking is very helpful when we have events going on in Bellevue Park, for users of Bellevue Park Bowling Club or for parents dropping their children off at Victoria School.

Cllr Phil Wynn

PhilWynn
    Participant

@lazyjack 17908 wrote:

Jack – it is my understanding that Poyser St will also be made one-way to prevent the street becoming a rat-run as you have rightly pointed out.

As I have already stated it is for a trial period so we will need to monitor the change in driving patterns to see if matters are improved or not as the case may be.

Cllr Phil Wynn

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Welsh Government funding for children’s hospices not enough, says sector leader

News

College’s celebration of education and diversity goes from strength to strength

News

Clean energy projects ‘harming’ rural Wales, warns Conservative MS

News

News

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News