Road Parking

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Road Parking

• Author

justjojo2011
    Participant

Is this a lot to do with the school nearby? Parents parking there to pick their kids up from school?

beedar
    Participant

No, they just park on the yellow lines on Poyser Street

Mrs Crewe
    Participant

When I am Queen of the World the person who parks opposite my driveway every day, will be the first in the cells.
    Seriously though parking on the pavement is a really inconvenient and inconsiderate. People with mobility issues or those pushing chairs and prams are forced into the road (endangering themselves reading about the standard of driving on the other thread).

PhilWynn
    Participant

I can confirm following discussions with Offa Community Council representatives, WCBC will be trailing a temporary one-way system along the stretch of Ruthin Rd you are discussing, in the direction of Ruabon Rd.

The problem is there is insufficient passing places for vehicles, whilst maintaining much need on-street parking for the locality.

Thie trial will reduce the movements of crossing traffic at the lights, thereby reducing the chance of vehicle collisions through bad driving.

We will maintain the on-street parking along side the Park, thereby not adding to the numbers of town visitors parking up in nearby residential side streets.

Placing double yellows along one side of Ruthin Rd would inevitably increase the speed of passing traffic and half on-street parking. For these reasons this option was discounted.

If the trial does not improve matters, like the trial at the Stansty Underpass, then it will be reverted to what we have now, at minimal cost.

Hope that clears up what is about to happen. Happy to raise any of your concerns with our Hiighway Officers.

Cllr Phil Wynn

dagg
    Participant

The traffic lights do not cause accidents, it’s the poor driving that causes them.

Steve
    Participant

@PhilWynn 17818 wrote:

Placing double yellows along one side of Ruthin Rd would inevitably increase the speed of passing traffic and half on-street parking. For these reasons this option was discounted.

Cllr Phil Wynn

While it would half the parking the rest of the statement is nonsense. So rather than cars travelling at a constant 25/30mph it is safer for cars to be darting in and out to pass some parked cars then find a gap, then get to the next gap before oncoming car approaches???

A one way system may be the answer, however making it one way to account for poor driving standards at the traffic lights should not be a reason for doing it.

cmaj76
    Participant

Making the road one way does not resolve the issue as you will still have larger vehicles struggling to get past because of inconsiderate parking. In addition you just make other roads busier.
    I take it the road will be one way towards Pen-y-Bryn. This means extra traffic at the ruabon road roundabout, which is already busy at peak times.
    Why don’t the people who make these decisions listen to the people who use and live on the road.

PhilWynn
    Participant

@Steve 17853 wrote:

While it would half the parking the rest of the statement is nonsense. So rather than cars travelling at a constant 25/30mph it is safer for cars to be darting in and out to pass some parked cars then find a gap, then get to the next gap before oncoming car approaches???

A one way system may be the answer, however making it one way to account for poor driving standards at the traffic lights should not be a reason for doing it.

Steve- I agree with your observation of what drivers are having to endure at present. I appreciate you may not agree with me but I am certain a number of vehicles will be driven at speeds greater than those you have indicated if their drivers see an open road ahead of them.

The traffic light issue is possibly a consequential benefit of the one-way system and not the driver for the decision being taken.

As stated the one-way system will be operated for a trial period so the impact on the local road network can be assessed. Your shared concerns may well be proven to outweigh the hoped for benefits.

Cllr Phil Wynn

JaneJ
    Participant

I am not sure were the residential parking argument comes from — there are aprox 10 house on the side of Deaggies fishing tackle plus those that have gated parking in the appartments– on the other side there are only two house plus the garage that have their own forecourt. This means that m ore than 75% of the parking are either teachers in Victoria as their parking by the Off Licence is to small or they are workers in town-
    Regarding the speed how come there is no mention of temporary speed humps (the Council have been good in the past -putting these all over the place!!)
    Speed is an enforceable offence and easily tackled – few fixed penalties and the word would soon get around.
    Why can’t the people who dream these schemes up not a) listen and b) actual observe peoples actions at different time of the day ( a visit at 8.00pm to observe the direction people walk away from their cars would be a clear indicator of whether the teachers or the town workers are the culprits.
    Gather ALL facts, assess the issues, design a solution = happy road users and pedestrians and a safer environment for children going to school.

JaneJ
    Participant

Sorry meant 8.00am

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Welsh Government funding for children’s hospices not enough, says sector leader

News

College’s celebration of education and diversity goes from strength to strength

News

Clean energy projects ‘harming’ rural Wales, warns Conservative MS

News

News

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News