Road Markings around Gresford Roundabout

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Road Markings around Gresford Roundabout

• Author

JonnyP
    Participant

Is the council coming to finish them off or did they just simply run out of paint???
    Seems that they have only repainted half of them.
    Cutbacks????? lol :p

michellecook
    Participant

They need to save their pennies for their bucket and spades :p

Huw
    Participant

The huge potholes need repairing PROPERLY aswell and not just patching in, only for them to re-appear in a months time! It’s an absolute disgrace that we pay so much road tax and the roads are in tatters!

NJones
    Participant

And who decided to start putting the lines down on a half term Saturday morning?

Rob
    Participant

@Big H 3899 wrote:

It’s an absolute disgrace that we pay so much road tax and the roads are in tatters!

Wierdly the road tax isnt road tax and hasnt been since the 1930’s or 40’s but still called it. Its a duty since then and used to be ring fenced for roads but now its pooled in.

EDIT: this is quite an interesting read http://www.parliament.uk/briefing-papers/SN01482.pdf

I agree about the Chester Rd potholes, its the same place every year!

Huw
    Participant

Interesting, thanks Rob.

Andy
    Participant

Road tax was abolished in 1937. Motorists pay Vehicle Excise duty based on the pollution levels of their vehicle. Many cars are now zero rated VED.

thewayneinspain
    Participant

The council has names. Real people make decisions.

The following councillors are responsible:
    re: THE HOMES, ENVIRONMENT AND COMMUNITIES SCRUTINY COMMITTEE

Councillor David Kelly
    Councillor Andy Williams
    Cllr I David Bithell, MBE
    Cllr Bernie McCann
    Cllr Paul Blackwell
    Cllr John Phillips
    Cllr T Alan Edwards
    Cllr John Pritchard
    Cllr A Keith Gregory
    Cllr Graham Rogers
    Cllr R Alun Jenkins
    Cllr Paul Rogers
    Cllr Geoff Lowe
    Cllr Hugh Jones

If you don’t complain to them and ask them what they themselves are going to tdo it, you are responsible for the problem.

Let them earn their iPads!

Kylie
    Participant

I know why they have only completed half of the painting – its so that learner drivers still have a challenge to navigate it easily! That roundabout was my worst nightmare back in 2006 when I was learning.

Obviously I’m joking, it could just be that it’s more difficult to paint other sections without causing traffic disruption… But then when has that ever stopped WCBC ;-)

NJones
    Participant

Maybe they do the white lines like that because they can only purchase one tin of paint at a time due to cut backs!?

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News