Rhosddu Pedestrian Crossing

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Rhosddu Pedestrian Crossing

• Author

Andy
    Participant

A new pedestrian crossing has been installed on Rhosddu Road by the shop. Amazingly there are parking bays within the Zig Zag lines! How can this be legal?

Highway code rule 165- You MUST NOT overtake the nearest vehicle to a pedestrian crossing. This applies if the vehicle is stationary or moving.

Fine up to £1,000, 3 penalty points and discretionary disqualification from driving.

So if I am approaching the crossing from Rhosrobin and a car is parked by the crossing, I MUST stop and call the Police as I cannot make legal progress on the road.

Born Acorn
    Participant

The rules are clear.

15.25 No other marking may be
    used within the controlled area, except hatched and
    chevron markings in the circumstances described in
    para 15.26

weasel
    Participant

Well…Lucky old Rhosddu shoppers…..While here in town the poor children crossing over main Ruthin rd in top of Pen y Bryn…on their way to St Mary’s school….take their life in their hands when they try to cross such a terribly busy road….Maybe the council, in their great wisdom, should spare a thought for them…Grrr…

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

Is there not a lollypop person there to guide them across?

NJones
    Participant

This was proposed as part of the Greenacres office refurbishment about 5 years ago but deemed too expensive to move it.

Rondetto
    Participant

I was baffled when I saw them putting up the traffic lights by the garden of rest in Rhosddu. Why? Well simples….after many pleas and arguments these lights were removed just a few years ago. Nearby residents had complained about the beeping when people pressed to cross the road. So at great expense they were removed. Here we are a few years later and they have been re-erected….at great expense again. What are the council thing of?

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Welsh Government funding for children’s hospices not enough, says sector leader

News

College’s celebration of education and diversity goes from strength to strength

News

Clean energy projects ‘harming’ rural Wales, warns Conservative MS

News

News

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News