Rhosddu bridge

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Rhosddu bridge

• Author

Bogo
    Participant

Although I appreciate there is JUST about enough room for cars to pass each other under the bridge, why can’t people show a bit of consideration? I am one of the minority who will check if it is clear and either keep to the left and drive slowly when it is busy (so as not to hold people up behind me), or wait for the oncoming cars to pass if it is quieter. I am absolutely sick of people driving through at excessive speed in the middle of the road or flying around the corner without any thought for what is coming the other way. What is wrong with you people?

Please tell me if it’s just me and I’ll wind my neck in!!

Maureen Gray
    Participant

There is room for two cars to pass if driven correctly. I HATE, yes HATE people who wait for a clear road all the way to B&Q, shouldn’t be on the road IMO and I’m right of course.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I agree with the originating post and it is good manners that determines if you show consideration. It must be said that cars and vans come in all sizes and particularly on the Plas Coch side of the bridge, the sharp apex at the start of the bridge is difficult, as indicated by the broken car mirrors that frequent the tunnel. My suggestion to Wrexham Council is a dotted line across the nearside carriageway just prior to the apex indicating that it is preferable to give way to oncoming traffic.

zinger
    Participant

[quote quote=178346]I agree with the originating post and it is good manners that determines if you show consideration. It must be said that cars and vans come in all sizes and particularly on the Plas Coch side of the bridge, the sharp apex at the start of the bridge is difficult, as indicated by the broken car mirrors that frequent the tunnel. My suggestion to Wrexham Council is a dotted line across the nearside carriageway just prior to the apex indicating that it is preferable to give way to oncoming traffic.[/quote]

I have been saying that for years. Vehicles are mostly wider now than they used to be. High sided ones have to contend withe the sticking out stonework higher up. I have been navigating this bridge for more years than I care to remember & have seen many vehicles stuck underneath. When care is taken there is no problem with 2 cars passing but as votethecouncillors out says, the Plas Coch end can be difficult. Giving way to traffic under the bridge is the answer particularly from the Plas Coch end.

If we think that it is bad now, wait until they build all those houses down Stansty Lane, and they will. That is why the 50 MPH speed limit is on the by pass ready & why Gypsy Lane has been allowed to grow over & probably why they tried to make it one way.

welchboy
    Participant

Worked for many years out of the GPO/Bt engineering base and had to transit under the bridge driving a number of works vehicles both large and small without a problem.
    Though do remember when BT first tried to sell the site for private housing was the sustained objections by the council to (A) the junction and increased traffic and (B) the bridge again increased traffic passing underneath. Eventually the site was sold and developed as a keep fit centre and then sold on and became a housing estate.
    Strange that the council eventually approved the area for domestic development for which it refused the original application and blocked the sale of the site.
    The road layout i.e., junction / bridge have remained the same.

WrexhamUser
    Participant

I must disagree as there is enough room for two cars to pass. The dithering cars cause unnecessary delays, especially at peak times. Here’s a suggestion: If you don’t feel confident going under the bridge or your
    car is too large for town driving you take an alternate route?

George4
    Participant

Would it be possible for the Council to remove part of the BANK as you leave the bridge going towards Plas Coch, therefore giving more room to enter/exit.

Born Acorn
    Participant

The permanent solution is for the council to work with network rail in having a pedestrian overbridge put in over the railway. There’s space for the ramps along the ample greenery.

Then you can chop out the footpath through the underbridge and get it sorted.

Rondetto
    Participant

Nothing will happen until there’s a fatality there. I use it occasionally but since all the large vans go through
    it has got quite dangerous.

zinger
    Participant

[quote quote=178358]I must disagree as there is enough room for two cars to pass. The dithering cars cause unnecessary delays, especially at peak times. Here’s a suggestion: If you don’t feel confident going under the bridge or your
    car is too large for town driving you take an alternate route?[/quote]

Most people agree with wrexhamuser that there is room for two cars but not necessarily a van & a car. Most err on the side of caution particularly at the Plas Coch end. Know-it-alls cause the problem when they barge through with no consideration for other road users & many wing mirrors have been smashed as a consequence.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

New role for Big Nev as Gŵyl Wal Goch returns to Wrexham for 2024!

News

Hydro Announces £13m Investment in State-of-the-Art Scrap Sorting Facility at Wrexham Plant

News

Fearless fundraisers to scale their biggest challenge yet for children’s hospices

News

Plans submitted for microbrewery on Wrexham farm

News

Warning issued after ‘lithium battery’ causes fire at Wrexham recycling centre

News

Demand for Welsh courses ‘outstripping capacity’

News