Rhosddu anti social behaviour

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Rhosddu anti social behaviour

• Author

bubble
    Participant

Phil Wynn, I’m afraid I do not see the benefit of this petition. I have three email addresses and could sign that petition 3 times – and how will you even know that I am just one person or whether I am even from Rhosddu or ever visited Rhosddu? In fact, nearly half of those who have commented have stated their location as being outside Wales – how does that strengthen a case being made to the Welsh Government? Maybe I should rally some of my friends from around the UK to sign the petition, even if they have never been to Wrexham. Perhaps it is well-intentioned, but how valid and meaningful is your petition really? I am not trying to be mean, just realistic. In all honesty, how useful do you think this petition is?

I view this petition as a diversion – a deliberate ploy to convince people that issues are being taken seriously. It even says ‘acknowledge the distress caused to residents and owners of private land’ – people want the problem fixed, not simply acknowledged.

Did these drug agencies have to apply for licences or seek permission of some kind from Wrexham council before setting up in Rhosddu? In the petition you ask that ‘particular attention’ be given to Ty Croeso. Ty Croeso was officially open by the then Wrexham mayor, i.e. I David Bithell. Did he or his council colleagues consider the negative impact this organisation would have on existing Rhosddu/Grosvenor Road residents, or did they only consider the benefits to service users as set down by these organisations in whatever application documentation they were obliged to complete?

There has already been a PSPO, a public meeting, and now a petition – none of these things should be necessary, it should not have come to this. Our elected representatives should have been considering the interests of *ALL* of their constituents – not only the interests of drug addicts – and should have made a balanced decision that did not unfairly impact on people. To me the petition feels like a stalling tactic.

If someone with a drug problem is helped by these agencies that is clearly a good thing. But for each drug addict in Rhosddu helped by these agencies, another will take their place *in Rhosddu* simply because of the concentration of drug services *in Rhosddu*.

99DylanJones
    Participant

Phil and other Ciuncillors have you seen the artocle on Safgarding on Wrexham.com https://www.wrexham.com/news/support-offered-during-wrexhams-first-national-adult-safeguarding-week-123020.html
    Suerely if this was doing what it says on the banner ‘Safegarding Adults’ then that does not just mean those who are addicts and often visibly in need but all of those residents in Rhosddu who are suffering from stress and to frightend to go out of their own front door.

You certainly dont need petaitions as Councillors you should alls be using the poers and support that you already have and just get on a support everyone.

Petitions serve no purpose as the length of time from when someone signs to when someone in authority looks at it and casts it on one side will be months.

There is a total failure from the Council and agencies to tackle the problem head on- if those employed to deal with the situation cant then they should be sacked Agency, Officer and Member and bring in people who can.

PhilWynn
    Participant

Bubble much has happened since the Rhosddu residents meeting, which is surely better late than never ie police have increased their presence in Rhosddu and at the Bus Station, the Police Commissioner has listened to representations made by those attending his road show promoting his consultation on his policing priorities for North Wales.

I believe Cllr Hugh Jones will be making a statement this week on how we will deal with unsafely discarded needles and drugs paraphernalia found on our streets and private land whilst we await an announcement off those bodies that issue 250,000 needles each year on how they will deal with the issue.

Further announcements will be made in the following weeks as to the actions WCBC and various support agencies are carrying out to deal with the symptoms of drug fuelled ASB but solutions for the underlying causes will take longer to deliver and will require a radical rethink by those in positions of influence.

I agree petitions don’t alway deliver their desired outcomes but if nothing else they give residents a legitimate opportunity to voice their disquiet.

My past experience of running a petition with Neal Tunnah to save the Turf from demolition did deliver the desired outcome so please show some faith.

Cllr Phil Wynn

tomwafc
    Participant

Councillor Hughes comments yesterday (wrexham.com) on the limited capacity the council has on issuing tickets is completely wrong, I feel it should be pointed out the vast amount of enforcement that has been carried out on cigarette littering and question why these same enforcers are not enforcing for the offences which are effecting a lives so negatively.

Does the Councillor believe in cleaning the streets of cigarettes more than cleaning the streets of crime and drugs or perhaps the Councillor believes fines given for discarding cigarette incorrectly (which are correct) have more chance of payment.

I hope Councillor Hughes changes his attitude towards the Council ineffectiveness and starts putting together an inclusive plan of action, he spoke of very few people needing to know, this is basic street policing not cold war warfare, its high time councils stopped mimicking national governments excuses for secrecy, as if anything is hardly worth keeping secret. Besides if people should be told the local MP and AM is a must.

Councillor Hughes = Excuse after Excuse

zinger
    Participant

[quote quote=123303]Councillor Hughes comments yesterday (wrexham.com) on the limited capacity the council has on issuing tickets is completely wrong, I feel it should be pointed out the vast amount of enforcement that has been carried out on cigarette littering and question why these same enforcers are not enforcing for the offences which are effecting a lives so negatively.

Does the Councillor believe in cleaning the streets of cigarettes more than cleaning the streets of crime and drugs or perhaps the Councillor believes fines given for discarding cigarette incorrectly (which are correct) have more chance of payment.

I hope Councillor Hughes changes his attitude towards the Council ineffectiveness and starts putting together an inclusive plan of action, he spoke of very few people needing to know, this is basic street policing not cold war warfare, its high time councils stopped mimicking national governments excuses for secrecy, as if anything is hardly worth keeping secret. Besides if people should be told the local MP and AM is a must.

Councillor Hughes = Excuse after Excuse

[/quote] Here! here!

Daave63
    Participant

Part of above quote : ‘the vast amount of enforcement that has been carried out on cigarette littering and question why these same enforcers are not enforcing for the offences which are effecting a lives so negatively’.

Good point, but perhaps if the ‘drug fuelled ASB enjoying scum’ operated singularly and less offensive looking then the cowardly bully boys from enforcement jokers Klingdom would fine them every time!
    Well done boys, you’re mothers must be so proud!!

tomwafc
    Participant

I hope this is true, I would prefer the prospect of enforcement agents being fearful of our main problem, rather than targeted tactics to maximize financial gain. Especially if it turned out to be a directive from the council itself.

The people of Wrexham don’t expect the matter to be completely solved over night, but yearn for proof that somethings actually being done.

Wrexham will always have a place in my heart, but as I look to the future and the prospect of raising my own family, I am seriously questioning my willingness to persevere here.

TJB.

[quote quote=123388] Part of above quote : ‘the vast amount of enforcement that has been carried out on cigarette littering and question why these same enforcers are not enforcing for the offences which are effecting a lives so negatively’.

Good point, but perhaps if the ‘drug fuelled ASB enjoying scum’ operated singularly and less offensive looking then the cowardly bully boys from enforcement jokers Klingdom would fine them every time!
    Well done boys, you’re mothers must be so proud!!

[/quote]

bubble
    Participant

I’m interested in how your petition is going, Phil Wynn. I just found this on the BBC: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-east-wales-39014841

Sheefag
    Participant

It’s a week later and no answer.

Question too difficult?

bubble
    Participant

[quote quote=127417]It’s a week later and no answer.

Question too difficult?

[/quote]
    Something else I found interesting was this article from a few weeks ago, where someone from the council apparently spoke of the benefits of ‘clustering’ of services. I had assumed that haphazard planning had simply failed to recognise the effects that co-locating these services would have on the neighbourhood, but now I’m more inclined to think that clustering was a deliberate strategy. Whilst this may have been done with the best of intentions towards service users, it seems appalling to me that planners may have knowingly singled out one part of Wrexham to bear the brunt of this problem.

I was also fascinated to learn from this that what we had previously been assured was a “small group” of service users being responsible for most of the anti-social behaviour in Rhosddu, is actually “around 40 men”. If that is the “small” group, how big is the wider group?

Spot A Needle? Tell Your Councillor – New Needle Hotline Planned For Public Use

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News