Rhosddu anti social behaviour

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Rhosddu anti social behaviour

• Author

MP1953
    Participant

[quote quote=122908]Sheefag…I hope you are at least prepared to acknowledge that there is currently lots going on behind the scenes which I’ve thought helpful to share with you. I accept the proof is in the eating so I would be bitterly disappointed if noticeable changes aren’t delivered very soon.

In the meantime please consider signing the petition set up in recognition of the sentiment expressed by Rhosddu residents this time last week.

Link to petition: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/support-rhosddu-residents

Cllr P. Wynn

[/quote]

I don’t know you Cllr P. Wynn or you me but I will say that at least you put yourself right out there for praise or criticism, unlike many Councillors on here who hide behind their true identities..

Sheefag
    Participant

Phil, I don’t doubt the efforts put in by yourself and others but the system isn’t working.

It’s less about how much work has gone into solving the problem and more about a successful conclusion.

In short, how long have the honest people of Rhosddu had to put up with this crap and very much more to the point, for how much longer.

It’s a simple question that deserves an answer.

[quote quote=122908]
    In the meantime please consider signing the petition set up in recognition of the sentiment expressed by Rhosddu residents this time last week.
    Cllr P. Wynn[/quote]

Petitions won’t get rid of these people.

PhilWynn
    Participant

Petitions are one of many tools which help focus the minds of those in positions of power and influence and the Rhosddu petition is no different.

I and Cllr Steve Wilson have a meeting diarised next week to discuss issues surrounding the Elms and Ty Croseo.

Happy to use this forum as a method of keeping people informed of developments.

Cllr Phil Wynn

jimbow
    Participant

Is there an election coming soon?

Sheefag
    Participant

Petitions my arse, this could be sorted with a regular visit with a fire hose. The world’s gone bloody soft.

MP1953
    Participant

[quote quote=122998]Petitions my arse, this could be sorted with a regular visit with a fire hose. The world’s gone bloody soft.

[/quote]

Eloquently put but probably the thoughts of many but not many dare come and out and say these things these days hence Brexit and Trump ;)

Sheefag
    Participant

If your house is on fire, you don’t start a bloody petition and put together a committee.

PhilWynn
    Participant

Interesting morning spent in town with Cllr David Bithell of Stansty talking with fellow Wrexham folk about our petition ( http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/support-rhosddu-residents ).

Talked to a couple of individuals who are in remission having been users of Class A drugs, so it’s nice to learn that there is life after addiction. They too share our concerns about the ASB displayed by a small cohort in our town centre and out in Wrexham’s neighbourhoods.

Happy to be judged on my actions not my words but please give it some time for those holding the strings to deliver some measurable improvements, Bearing in mind this ASB issue have been around for some time.

Cllr Phil Wynn

99DylanJones
    Participant

Was ther any particular reason Phil that you pitched up outside of Herbwood in Wrexham – is cannabis not a herb plant!
    On a separte note you mention speaking with some people on remission= most addicts would say they are on remission — for this readers wanting to understand the issues they should read in on this site http://www.recoveryanswers.org/recovery/addiction-ary/remission/
    although an American site it gives a really good insight into substance missue–
    Their page on myth busting is equally enlighting http://www.recoveryanswers.org/recovery/mythsfacts/

There clearly is no one size fits all for solutions- key those is understanding and finding solutions and not just moving issues around.

zinger
    Participant

I should imagine that the same criteria applies to drug addicts as alcoholics. Once an alcoholic always an alcoholic. It is more about management. After 20+ years of not touching a drop, I knew of someone who would never eat anything covered in a sauce, eat mince pies or Christmas pudding in case there was alcohol in it. I admired him more for that than he would ever know.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Friends and Wrexham AFC fans taking on walking challenge for Dynamic

News

North Wales Minister role branded as “tokenistic” by Plaid Cymru MS

News

Number of Welsh 18-year-olds enrolling at Wrexham University “down 5 per cent this year”

News

Prioritise support over punishment for young vapers, says Public Health Wales

News

New video shows Wrexham AFC chairman “Baseball-izing” Football Game ahead of MLB World Tour

News

Police appeal after “considerable amount of damage” at local primary school

News