Retail Development at King’s Mill Public House

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Retail Development at King’s Mill Public House

• Author

BenjaminM
    Participant

@Peterthewatcher 19410 wrote:

On what grounds

Half truths, scaremongering and stamping their little feet because they were overturned by the Planning Inspector on the Marford convenience store.
    Although the minutes are likely to say something different.
    Absolutely disgusted with the local Councillor if he behaved in the way that was intimated earlier in this thread. There to represent all, not personal preferences.

BenjaminM
    Participant

And perhaps Cllr Roxburgh could let us know the location of convenience store that she indicated is within 50 yds of the failed proposal.
    Councillor’s, not worth the time of day let alone their exorbitant salary.

Metalhead
    Participant

@BenjaminM 19411 wrote:

Half truths, scaremongering and stamping their little feet because they were overturned by the Planning Inspector on the Marford convenience store….

I have no idea what happened in this instance Benjamin but I do know what happened at Marford. I suppose most are probably unaware that the Planning Inspector at Marford was booked for Whit Holiday Week when there were no school buses running (or using the 2 stops directly in front of this location) and Chester Road is abnormally quiet… That’s all history now but that ruling will probably now set a precedent for future appeals in the Wrexham area…

CVA01
    Participant

@Metalhead 19413 wrote:

I have no idea what happened in this instance Benjamin but I do know what happened at Marford. I suppose most are probably unaware that the Planning Inspector at Marford was booked for Whit Holiday Week when there were no school buses running (or using the 2 stops directly in front of this location) and Chester Road is abnormally quiet… That’s all history now but that ruling will probably now set a precedent for future appeals in the Wrexham area…

It’s almost as if you imply that the appeal date was ‘booked’ to the advantage of the appellants. If that is what you are implying then it couldnt be further rrom the truth. Appeals are scheduled to coincide with the availability of the Inspector, Council officers, the developer’s representatives and a venue to hold the appeal.
    There are also deadlines for appeals to be processed.

I am pretty certain the Inspector knows what an area outside a school is like during term time. Also, would they have seen anything different had they visited mid-morning or early afternoon on a school day….probably not.

Metalhead
    Participant

@CVA01 19414 wrote:

It’s almost as if you imply that the appeal date was ‘booked’ to the advantage of the appellants. If that is what you are implying then it couldnt be further rrom the truth. Appeals are scheduled to coincide with the availability of the Inspector, Council officers, the developer’s representatives and a venue to hold the appeal.
    There are also deadlines for appeals to be processed.

I am pretty certain the Inspector knows what an area outside a school is like during term time. Also, would they have seen anything different had they visited mid-morning or early afternoon on a school day….probably not.

For a proposal which was thrown out by WCBC Planning Committee on mainly highways and safety issues many around these parts were highly surprised the Appeal Inspector was ‘booked’ for the abnormally quiet Whit Holiday week (if I recall correctly it was the 2 days following the Bank Holiday Weekend). I have seen instances at this location (and I believe some photographic evidence was actually submitted of a couple of them) where I can’t believe anyone would have thought increasing traffic activity there was acceptable. So what was the point of an Appeal Inspector carrying out site inspections at a time that these could not happen?

MP1953
    Participant

Do you think that Councillors or Council officials should put their own name to posts on this forum on certain topics ?

I take it there are a few posting on this forum as alias’s.

As far as I know there is only one that does “Cllr Phil Wynn” although I don’t know him or of him really, at least he has the bottle to put his real name to his views.

CerysHughes
    Participant

I am concerned about Cllr Barbara Roxburgh’s comments too. Not for this, but because there has been a long line of other ill informed gaffs during her short council career. She is more than likely to be the next Mayor and she didn’t get the nickname of ‘Bungle Barbara’ in the council chambers for her being a fan of the TV Childrens’ show Rainbow.

Do we have Wrexham’s answer to the Duke of Edinburgh, if by some unfortunate stroke of luck she was to become Mayor?

Wrexham could become a laughing stock.

I agree Phil Wynn does seem to be trying to be a councillor and a representative of his ward. Full marks to him.

MP1953
    Participant

@CerysHughes 19420 wrote:

I am concerned about Cllr Barbara Roxburgh’s comments too. Not for this, but because there has been a long line of other ill informed gaffs during her short council career. She is more than likely to be the next Mayor and she didn’t get the nickname of ‘Bungle Barbara’ in the council chambers for her being a fan of the TV Childrens’ show Rainbow.

Do we have Wrexham’s answer to the Duke of Edinburgh, if by some unfortunate stroke of luck she was to become Mayor?

Wrexham could become a laughing stock.

I agree Phil Wynn does seem to be trying to be a councillor and a representative of his ward. Full marks to him.

That is my point who is Cllr Barbara Roxburgh as far as this forum goes ?

CerysHughes
    Participant

@MP1953 19422 wrote:

That is my point who is Cllr Barbara Roxburgh as far as this forum goes ?

Not sure she has the expertise to post on an internet forum.

Only became a cllr in 2012 and yet in 2014 had already made it to Deputy Mayor.

CerysHughes
    Participant

ps her Facebook page says she lives in Durham… go figure!

https://www.facebook.com/barbara.roxburgh?ref=br_rs

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Almost one in five people in Wales waiting to start NHS treatment

News

Wales Transport Secretary calls for targeted 20mph zones near schools and hospitals

News

Airbnb expansion exacerbates housing woes for ex-offenders in Wrexham as Rob & Ryan dodge blame

News

Friends and Wrexham AFC fans taking on walking challenge for Dynamic

News

North Wales Minister role branded as “tokenistic” by Plaid Cymru MS

News

Number of Welsh 18-year-olds enrolling at Wrexham University “down 5 per cent this year”

News