Retail Development at King’s Mill Public House

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Retail Development at King’s Mill Public House

• Author

Captain C
    Participant

It’s not the country you should worry about, it’s the planet.

Maureen Gray
    Participant

It says Clwyd on my Ducs Bill!

brian
    Participant

Hmmmmm,

700+ signatures on this petition!

Is this the one the local councillor is going around knocking on doors bullying people into signing! Using comments like “when your 2 year old is running around the pub car park and there and is a delivery wagon there and he gets run over!” How are you suppose to take that? Number one I wouldn’t leave my 2 year old running around a pub car park and number two people will sign it just to get rid of him of the door step!

I live in the Kingsmills estate and would love the shop to be there as would a lot of people on this estate. I might even slow the idiots coming down the hill from Hightown cutting through to go to work on the industrial estate as there will be people turning into the pub car park so the cars will have to stop. I also drink in the pub occasionally and feel that if the shop is put in the corner of the car park it wont be in your face as much!

Looking at the recent posts I think some people are looking at this as they are converting the kingsmills and not the car park for the kingsmills pub.

Last point now. I bet most of the people against the shop will use it once it is built!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Captain C
    Participant

The problem with petitions regardless of how many signatures are on it, it only counts as one objection. If you want the planning office to take notice everyone needs to write in and object.

Alunh
    Participant

This reminds me of the Lidl development scenario.

For me, as long as there is no tax payer resource getting wasted, I can’t get too aroused one way or the other.

BenjaminM
    Participant

You are quite right Brian regarding the petition.
    The main signature collection point has been centred on the Premier Store on Abenbury Rd. who are against the proposed development for reasons that are fairly obvious.
    At present it is the only shop in the area, with early opening and late closing which has allowed a monopoly situation to develop.
    I most certainly support the proposal, if for no other reasons other than consumer choice and healthy competition, which must surely be good for the public.

Maureen Gray
    Participant

Alunh said aroused!!!te he!!!

Steve
    Participant

I agree with everything else you said (I did live there for 20 years, until I left home) but…..
    @brian 19270 wrote:

might even slow the idiots coming down the hill from Hightown cutting through to go to work on the industrial estate

You mean the people travelling on a public road going from A to B?

I visit Kings Mills and pull out of the estate, even cars travelling at 25 – 30 mph ‘appear’ quickly as due to the road design you need to stick the nose of your car out to see up / down the road. But that’s still no reason to drop the speed limit from 30 to 20 to fix the problem!!!!

Alunh
    Participant

@Maureen Gray 19278 wrote:

Alunh said aroused!!!te he!!!

Now now children. I can’t work out which one of you two is Wiggins and which one is Sir, but it seems that both of you prefer Brasso to debate.

Are you actually Councillors trying to stifle discussion?

Peterthewatcher
    Participant

A shop objecting to another shop opening is not a valid reason that planners can take into account. If there are traffic issues they need sorting but not by objecting to a new proposal but to ensure they are taken into account.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Opportunity knocks for Wrexham brewery at major trade show

News

Man taken to hospital after incident at Brymbo property

News

Wrexham shoplifter jailed after city centre offences

News

Wrexham to take on Vancouver White Caps in ‘Wrex Coast Tour’

News

National Playday returning to Wrexham for a fun-filled day of activities!

News

Apartment plans for former Johnstown shop

News