Retail Development at King’s Mill Public House

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Retail Development at King’s Mill Public House

• Author

zinger
    Participant

The Leader – News from Wrexham & Flintshire – Lorry crashes into low bridge in Wrexham

There was another accident which happened about 9.00am in the morning a couple of years ago where a young girl was hurt if I remember rightly. That was why there is now a pedestrian crossing. It was stated by residents that traffic using the road went too fast. I must admit that I didn’t consider it a busy road. I used it daily for about three years. As regards Kings Mill, it was the home to one of the Royal Welch Fusiliers Collection until quite recently.

BenjaminM
    Participant

You love your irrelevancies don’t you?
    The pedestrian crossing you refer to is at least 600m from the proposed store and the lorry hitting the bridge was caused by the driver not having his handbrake on fully.
    How on earth do those incidents have anything to do with topic of this thread?
    Instead of going off on a tangent, try giving an answer to the question I posed to you earlier on, on this thread.

zinger
    Participant

Sorry for taking time Benjamin to answer your question. It is not your business where I live. I have as much right as you to have an opinion. As I said before I used the road daily. I saw the ambulance at the scene of the accident. That was not the first accident involving a child on the road. I think that that is perfectly relevant. If you check on Wrexham.com homepage, you will notice that not all residents are in agreement with this convenience store (sorry jojo). Kings Mill is a beautiful building. May I ask if you yourself have ever been in it as I have? Do you yourself live in the area?

BenjaminM
    Participant

Poppycock!!
    I use the road both walking and in my car daily and my observations regarding your irrelevancies and your assertion that there is no requirement for a mini market, I stand by 100%.
    Using your perverse logic, even if it was correct, would mean that no retail outlet would be permitted on any road that has both vehicular and pedestrian traffic in case there happened to be an accident.
    To answer your question, yes, I do live in the area and regarding the Kings Mill, it has no useful purpose other than being there. Admittedly, it was a nice building, once, but sadly no longer.
    To conclude, I am still trying to get my head around how you can even make even the most tenuous link between 2 accidents totally remote from the proposed site. Perhaps it is something to do with the weather!

zinger
    Participant

Ah, you are in the same position as me then, using the road regularly. We are both entitled to different opinions. Isn’t that what debate is all about? Having a point of view & voicing it? Sometimes during debate, something can be said which makes you think differently. Aggression isn’t neccessary. Should all the residents of the area be happy for the store to be built then that is fine by me but 700+ signatures against it, in what is a small area, is a not insignificant number & that is the group that I choose to side with, unless I can be persuaded otherwise. What you think is irrelevant & what I do are two entirely different things. Just agree to disagree if you can’t put up a reasonable argument.

Peterthewatcher
    Participant

Brewery’s are doing these types of development in a number of places — locally Red Lion in Marford and the pub by Five Crosses– with less drinkers driving (good job) the need for the large car parks is no longer there.
    Businesses do not ‘speculate’ when it comes to building new stores they have all of the data of potential use already from a variety of retail data sources.
    Regarding the Kingsmill it self it is a disgrace that the Council have let the building deteriorate with broken windows, graffiti and remnant of many cars that are set on fire or smashed up. Al this after many £100k of Lottery and other funding was spent to get the place refurbished and older residents in the area will no doubt remember the day that Lady Diana visited to open the place to the public.

Maureen Gray
    Participant

I heard enough of this drivel, there is a plan submitted to English Heritage to convert the mill in to a Travelodge with a new access road from the A525. all rooms have free Wi-Fi too!

JaneJ
    Participant

Maureen if this is drivel why bother to read it– As you want the application to go to English Heritage has Wrexham now joined with England rather than Flintshire..

Born Acorn
    Participant
    justjojo2011;19166 wrote:
    No. When it was first mentioned, there were rumours of it being a Waitrose but who knows. I don’t think it is anything to do with the brewery. Afterall, why would a brewery put in an application for a convenience store?

Probably because they have an overly large car park they can’t fill, and they did it already in Marford? Marston’s owns the land, and it’s their application. The council refused their Marford application, but they appealed and won. Unless there is a legal reason to refuse this one, the same will likely occur.

The “set to be granted” title on the article is rather misleading, since inspectors recommendations as far as residential and retail developments go are rarely agreed with by the planning committee. Then again, the inspectors aren’t vote chasing ;)

zinger;19167 wrote:
    As regards Kings Mill, it was the home to one of the Royal Welch Fusiliers Collection until quite recently.

It did, but it wasn’t open to the public. It was extra storage for the RWF museum in Caernarfon Castle.

JasonBellisJones
    Participant

@Maureen Gray 19184 wrote:

I heard enough of this drivel, there is a plan submitted to English Heritage to convert the mill in to a Travelodge with a new access road from the A525. all rooms have free Wi-Fi too!

What country do you think you live in?

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News