Remploy development at Rhosddu

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Remploy development at Rhosddu

• Author

johnhoppy
    Participant

I am not against the development of the Remploy factory as it does not affect me, but I am puzzled by the conclusion of the Planning Authorities that the erection of 47 dwellings will not increase traffic in the area. The traffic system in this part of town is under considerable pressure already, and this development can not possible improve matters.

Jonahjones
    Participant

I must agree with JohnHoppy. The traffic from Rhosddu Road through to Plas Goch is mental. How can they say there is a decrease in numbers when you have a main arterial road through to the Retail Centre. Would not be my choice to live sandwiched between the railway line and the main road.

They could always build another supermarket there…….Tesco Express, maybe….

zinger
    Participant

I was waiting for ages yesterday at a stop sign whilst cones were being put along the Stansty Road. Vehicles were backed up from the nursery on the left back to the bridge & vehicles were turning round by Remploy & going back from where they came. How can they possible say that traffic will not increase is beyond me. Where else can it go unless an alternative route is provided. A footbridge might be a good idea though.

Andy
    Participant

I asked the owner of the tyre bay on Railway road why he didn’t build an extended roof to his business. Talking four poles and corrugated roof here. He told me all planning is turned down in this area due to road traffic volumes. I bet he is fuming!!

zinger
    Participant

Perhaps the planners are hoping that if the traffic congestion is ever more dire that they will be able to do a one way system without argument from the public.

wid9999
    Participant

I’s quite farcical after all the discussion on the problems of Stansty Bridge and then they approve for building right next to it… we can wish for a clause for the developer to remove the existing bridge and install one really fit for purpose with increased traffic demands. … yes I’m laughing too!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News