Redwither Industrial Estate

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Redwither Industrial Estate

• Author

KKOB
    Participant

“Newt mitigation works are expected to take place before any work can start…”

Anybody care to explain what this means ? :o

Born Acorn
    Participant

I think they scour the site for newts, move them to somewhere new, and then put up newt proof fencing so others can’t get in. Think of a normal fence but the bottom third is a thick plastic sheeting (a bit thicker than the council’s blue recycling bags).

I think some of the buildings there may date to the ROF or the Celanese works when the place was “Wrexham Trading Estate”.

wrexview
    Participant

Are the Council selling part of the site?

Mike
    Participant

It could do with a revamp!

NJones
    Participant

I see a Chinese investor is already involved. Can only be a good thing to bring jobs in.

Liam
    Participant

@KKOB 1434 wrote:

“Newt mitigation works are expected to take place before any work can start…”

Anybody care to explain what this means ? :o

First rule of journalism school is write things so the reader can understand.

I see I have failed miserably on this occasion :o

KKOB
    Participant

I had a good idea what it meant. It just didn’t seem like good English to me. ;)

MadMan
    Participant

Investment in Wrexham is great to see therefore i hope it proves that it was still worth investing in the link road.

Born Acorn
    Participant

With Redwither Business Park they still need to find a new bank tenant for the old NatWest unit in Redwither Tower. It closed last year, but it had the worst opening times of 11am-2pm! Three hours a day is crazy, and it was quite well used!

R T
    Keymaster
Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wales’ fire authorities lack accountability amid harassment allegations, Senedd hears

News

Closure plan for Welshpool and Caernarfon Air Ambulance bases confirmed – with new base planned for ‘middle of North Wales’

News

Trading Standards warning over Facebook user “fraudulently advertising events locally”

News

The Ultimate Guide to Nickelodeon Resort Punta Cana

News

The Essential Guide to User Acceptance Testing (UAT)

News

Ken Skates outlines plans to improve Transport for Wales services in Wrexham and beyond

News