Recycling ‘Wheelie Boxes’ To Be Rolled Out To 13,000 Wrexham Properties

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Recycling ‘Wheelie Boxes’ To Be Rolled Out To 13,000 Wrexham Properties

• Author

AMA Express
    Participant

[quote quote=119453]Just had mine and only delivered a glass box

[/quote]

Mind you don’t drop it then.

Captain C
    Participant

What is an unsuitable house for the new trolley bins. They say flats or ones with steps or ones with no gardens but when you drive around you see that they have lots of these trolleys all the way from Holt to Gresford.
    The estates off the Gresford Road. Llay did not receive them but the few houses and barn conversions on the other side of the road did. Why don’t the council own up to the fact that they have not thought it through and stop making up excuses.

VOR2016
    Participant

Are there not more things in life to worry about? If you have a trolley, box or whatever else you have been allocated just put your waste in it and move on!

bobinog287
    Participant

[quote quote=119646]Are there not more things in life to worry about? If you have a trolley, box or whatever else you have been allocated just put your waste in it and move on!

[/quote]

Exactly, life’s too short to be moaning about who’s got what system! I take the point though about residents who have to take them down alleyways etc.

Captain C
    Participant

I did not state that I had a trolley bin or not but pointed out that the council will never admit if they are wrong and always make up a story to claim that it’s not their fault. They have not thought this through and purchased the waggons on the strength of every household receiving the trolleys and then produce a lame excuse when they ceased to deliver after 13,000 of them.

jay1900
    Participant

It’s only a matter of time before our streets are littered because the wrong item is in the wrong box and the binmen refuse to empty them which they do now people walk past where mine are and throw their rubbish on the bottle boxes which then don’t get emptied so more boxes more chance of this happening I have seen people tip the contents on the street because they wAnt to take empty ones back in not full…for those who are not getting the wheelie ones I think the council should at least provide lids for the new ones to prevent other rubbish being added and also to make it easier for us to stack them in out gardens but apparently they don’t have the money for this…will eventually cost more for extra street cleaners to stop Wrexham becoming the local tip

MP1953
    Participant

They (our beloved council) started the new system with a different bin collection day this week, so you would think they would start the new system to coincide with what they emptied last week i.e. they emptied the black bin last week so you would think they would start with the green bin, but oh no they decided to start with the same bin they emptied last week !! ha

All my neighbors were also hoodwinked and duly put out the green bin which was not emptied.

bobinog287
    Participant

The calendar that was included with the letter explaining change of day shows which bin each week so if people didn’t look at that, they can’t really complain. And yes, I know people will have assumed it was ‘as you were’ but the info was provided. Opposite for me, double green bin.

j.davies
    Participant

do when we do keep the bins for somthing eles and the trolly is ok to and carry on doing what you have always done easy

welshg
    Participant

last time i went to friends in Prestatyn they had what looked like an easy way for household recycling, they simply has a separate slightly larger wheelie big that all recycling went into.
    simple and easy.! and, wheelie bins are very strong not easily blown away not usually stolen, also hold large amounts, easy to take out and retrieve. they also as it happens get free bags for the food kaddy…!
    why couldnt we adopt the same?

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Proposals submitted to turn Wrexham beauty salon into children’s home

News

Friends take on 45-mile ultramarathon to raise funds for mental health charity

News

Three arrested over ‘intent to supply Class B drugs’

News

16 year old charged with range of driving offences in Rhos

News

A view from Wrexham’s Member of Parliament

News

Wrexham University announce Professor Joe Yates as new Vice-Chancellor