Recycling ‘Wheelie Boxes’ To Be Rolled Out To 13,000 Wrexham Properties

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Recycling ‘Wheelie Boxes’ To Be Rolled Out To 13,000 Wrexham Properties

• Author

JoanTheHog
    Participant

[quote quote=113154]OMG…More bloody shite……The old system was the best….Ya fill ya bin…Then the bin men would come and empty it…END OF…!!!! Cheaper….Efficient……No hastle…HUH…..

[/quote]Spot on

Gresfordite
    Participant

I would love a set of these boxes, I’m a very keen recycler, but the council say they’re not going to do my road. All the posts on here by people not liking the idea, can you please try our road instead Mr council?
    There are streets all over Gresford with these boxes, please give Pant Lane some!

Elericat
    Participant

I am fed up of hearing that people are given new wheelie recycle bins, food bins, we in flats, are not given any. It seems to me all private houses have these things but not council tennants. If we want a green bin, we have to pay, probably the same with these new wheelie recycle ones. It’s a disgrace.

Captain C
    Participant

Do your home work before making statements such as that. Large areas of private houses have not received these boxes,not just council tenants as you state.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Is there a list showing which council wards have received the new boxes?

AMA Express
    Participant

[quote quote=117168]Is there a list showing which council wards have received the new boxes?

[/quote]

Probably.

dreampixie
    Participant

Does anyone know if we will get them in plas madoc? My mum has had hers in chirk but fed up of someone stealing my green bin like they’ve done this week… they seem to hold a lot more too

bobinog287
    Participant

No announcement yet since the first batch of deliveries a couple of months ago.

Swan
    Participant

My god the first time I saw these things I could not believe the waste of money again! firstly, because the box for cans has a flap on the front it only has to be partially full and you cant get any more in thus you have to dismantle the stack to fill it. I am told you have to put the full stack out on the road complete and not individual boxes, so they have to dismantle said stack of empty boxes to actually empty one. I want to hear from the bin lads who have to empty these things. I bet they are a pain in the ar e and taking more time than ever. They should be the one’s who decide not some office walla. I walked up Hamden Rd the other day oops it was bin day, I had to walk on the road, pavement was like a bomb site. STOP NOW!! don’t go any further with this stupidity and give it some rethink?. Tell you what put them on Talbot Rd and get off your ass and go have a look. I don’t disagree with recycling but I dread to think of these things on a cold windy day they will be everywhere and when you run into one with your car who is responsible??.

MargaretA
    Participant

But surely all the councillors trialled one for a month to judge how effective they were in use for different families?!!! No? Well, an opportunity missed before spending the money and it matters not whether it was Wrexham CBC money or WA money. It came from the same pocket – ours!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham Council awaits Welsh Government guidance on 20MPH changes and welcomes community input

News

New role for Big Nev as Gŵyl Wal Goch returns to Wrexham for 2024!

News

Hydro Announces £13m Investment in State-of-the-Art Scrap Sorting Facility at Wrexham Plant

News

Fearless fundraisers to scale their biggest challenge yet for children’s hospices

News

Plans submitted for microbrewery on Wrexham farm

News

Warning issued after ‘lithium battery’ causes fire at Wrexham recycling centre

News