Recycling ‘Wheelie Boxes’ To Be Rolled Out To 13,000 Wrexham Properties

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Recycling ‘Wheelie Boxes’ To Be Rolled Out To 13,000 Wrexham Properties

• Author

newwales
    Participant

Im all for recycling but Wrexham Council where are we supposed to keep these boxes??? we dont want more, the 1 we have already is good enough. SO now 3 boxes will be blowing round the garden & street instead of just 1.

Three boxes stacked on top of each other and placed in a trolley, The wheelie box system involves putting paper and card in the top box, plastic bottles and mixed cans in the middle and glass bottles, jars and corrugated cardboard in the bottom.

I guess the Council have done a “Time & Motion” exercise & found out the refuse collectors work faster this way. BUT WILL THE Refuse collectors put the Boxers back on the trolley or as the ALWAYS DO now just through then back towards the property.

MP1953
    Participant

[quote quote=113129]Im all for recycling but Wrexham Council where are we supposed to keep these boxes??? we dont want more, the 1 we have already is good enough. SO now 3 boxes will be blowing round the garden & street instead of just 1.

Three boxes stacked on top of each other and placed in a trolley, The wheelie box system involves putting paper and card in the top box, plastic bottles and mixed cans in the middle and glass bottles, jars and corrugated cardboard in the bottom.

I guess the Council have done a “Time & Motion” exercise & found out the refuse collectors work faster this way. BUT WILL THE Refuse collectors put the Boxers back on the trolley or as the ALWAYS DO now just through then back towards the property.

[/quote]

Some very valid points here, but I expect our Council have already thought and considered all your points, ummm maybe :)

dagg
    Participant

I walk down Hampden road regularly were they have these bins and they always scattered all over the place never on the wheels.

Rondetto
    Participant

I had the same thought, they are always asking to put the bins outside our gate on the kerb side. I can see them rolling down the street on the first windy day.

MP1953
    Participant

[quote quote=113142]I walk down Hampden road regularly were they have these bins and they always scattered all over the place never on the wheels.

[/quote]

Oh No !!

dagg
    Participant

[quote quote=113144]

I walk down Hampden road regularly were they have these bins and they always scattered all over the place never on the wheels.

Oh No !!

[/quote]
    You could say that they were off their
    trolley

beedar
    Participant

Yes, we had these blue boxes on Hampden Road as a trial last year. The recycling men were under strict orders that once the boxes were emptied they were to be put back on the trolley and taken back to the property they were left outside of. Every week ourselves and neighbours had to hunt up the street for our boxes that had just been left on the pavement with the trolley usually about 15 yards or more away

weasel
    Participant

OMG…More bloody shite……The old system was the best….Ya fill ya bin…Then the bin men would come and empty it…END OF…!!!! Cheaper….Efficient……No hastle…HUH…..

FWarp
    Participant

Katia
    Participant

Think I feel concern for the binmen – what used to be a seemingly straightforward task must be turning into an absolute kerfuffle.
    Today I was at my Gran’s and watched the ” refuse disposal operative ” working both sides of the road by himself – even driving.
    Very impressed in fairness, he took the time to look for numbers and took the boxes back where they were from.
    All I can say is he wears glasses – he works really conscientiously and is a credit to the council.
    Well done Sir.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham Council set to decide on 20mph ‘adjustments’ which ‘begin from September’

News

Wales’ fire authorities lack accountability amid harassment allegations, Senedd hears

News

Closure plan for Welshpool and Caernarfon Air Ambulance bases confirmed – with new base planned for ‘middle of North Wales’

News

Trading Standards warning over Facebook user “fraudulently advertising events locally”

News

The Ultimate Guide to Nickelodeon Resort Punta Cana

News

The Essential Guide to User Acceptance Testing (UAT)

News