“Reasonable Excuse” to go out?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum “Reasonable Excuse” to go out?

• Author

WrexhamUser
    Participant

I do not want to appear callous because it is only right they celebrate his life and sacrifice, but this was not a well-considered idea. I understand from the national news that last night a similar problem happened on Westminster Bridge, London. It creates mixed messages, and people will point-out ‘well they did it’. I have read about people’s relatives elsewhere in the country not being able to visit dying relatives in hospitals because of social distancing regulations; sadly, that meant a teenage boy dying alone. Additionally, funerals being very restricted with regards to numbers and who can attend. It must be tough for them to see such a gathering at the hospital, especially those who are policing them.

As to the ‘boy-racer’ and dangerous driver discussion in this thread, are people making too many assumptions? How do you know they are not keyworkers? As in society, it is likely that all key worker occupations have those who are less responsible than others.

In both my points, I feel we must be very careful not to set-up an ‘us and them’, alternatively, a ‘key workers versus the others’. Everybody from infant school age to the very aged is making huge sacrifices and suffering different issues during this crisis. We must not prioritise one group over another and we need a set of rules that apply to everybody.

Bigbrother
    Participant

Perhaps WrexhamUser could spend this time in lockdown improving their grammar. I’d begin with when to use commas ;-)

Matt
    Participant

Wrexham user, a number of people found the whole Westminster Bridge thing problematic & it has generated a backlash against the whole clapping thing in general.

It did come across as a bad example of acceptable behaviour under current lockdown conditions.

As a general rule though we are doing far better in this country at social distancing than they are in America where virus rates and deaths are far worse. I don’t know if anyone saw the ridiculous gun-toting Dixie flag waving lunatics who were “protesting” against the lockdown as a mob in Michigan the other day.
    It was American stupidity at its finest – “I’ve got this gun to try and protect my civil liberties, but by doing so I’m putting myself and vulnerable members of my own family and local community and myself at risk to an invisible virus, impervious to bullets that takes lives.”

Thing is Michigan is trailing behind New York state in terms of where they are in terms of infection numbers and death – with such a lack of social distancing being enforced they will end up in a similar sorry situation a few weeks down the line. There are already counties within the state where the death tolls and infections are rising significantly.

I think the fact that a few isolated incidents that only lasted minutes such as the clapping on Westminster Bridge and outside the Maelor got tutted and shamed shows just how seriously we are taking the lockdown in this country. When it first started I honestly thought gangs of individuals would have defied it. So I think we are doing the best we can and will all learn what situations are unacceptable (there’s a new one every day) and they’ll be avoided from being repeated and it’ll save lives in the long run.

Better being in this country where we can police by shaming to get everyone in line than a country ran by a brain dead President where it’s become acceptable for armed lunatics to risk lives during a pandemic and threaten the Governor of the particular US state in question.

Councillor X
    Participant

The sooner this crisis is over the better. For the love of Guiness PLEASE hurry up and open the pubs because I am agreeing with Matt too often.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Level crossing safety plea to North Wales holidaymakers this Easter

News

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News