“Reasonable Excuse” to go out?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum “Reasonable Excuse” to go out?

• Author

WreX-iT
    Participant

I am a key worker so have to go out. I would love to sit on my behind at home and watch TV and help protect NHS staff.

Over the last couple of weeks i have seen a lot more traffic on the roads. It used to be very quiet but i think people are chancing their arms because they see other people getting away with it. We all gotta do our bit even if the lockdown continues for three weeks and more.

And the other day i almost got smashed up by a boy racer speeding through the broken traffic lights at the top of Grosvenor Road. There are a lot of them so i doubt they are out with reasonable excuses. Driving like a tw@t is stupid and police need to stop them. I know there is another thread on these d1cks but people NEED a reasonable excuse to go out.

I am going to bed now. I just wanted to say something before the death figures come out again.

IMHO
    Participant

Eh! More traffic! Don’t know which planet you are on. I’m on the road a lot because what i’m doing requires me to be and, it’s eerily quiet everywhere i go. Just got back from a trip up the A55 to Glan Conwy Hospital, back via an address in Mostyn along the coast road and, the roads are very, very quiet. I was out yesterday doing a similar thing only Chester to Glan Clwyd and back and again the roads were, again, virtually bare so, afaiac your are talking utter rubbish. The bit about the “boy racer”. I go through those lights quite a bit on my way to Wrexham Maelor and take great care and not once had a problem so i recommend you take greater care there but, i think, tbh, you are probably building it up into something it wasn’t. As for the Police being around i am, in the course of what i do seeing a lot of them and see them pulling cars in and up so they will have laddie in his beat up polo, sooner or later so, just calm down.

Might i suggest you go to bed before you post then you might not write such rubbish after you have had a sleep.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Very true WreX-iT, my job entails being on the roads round Wrexham and I have witnessed the same increase in traffic and the idiot drivers.
    The lights on Chester Rd are an accident waiting to happen due to the idiots speeding around the town.if an accident does occur I hope it’s the d@ckhead who comes off worse and not the innocent party.

Anonymous
    Inactive

IMHO, “the roads are very, very quiet”, “it’s eerily quiet everywhere I go”, “As for the police”, “seeing a lot of them and see them pulling cars in and up”?
    Contradiction comes to mind.

MP1953
    Participant

I started the boy racer thread last week and can definitely say (because of where I live) that there are more and more cars racing about going no where, and they are racing and chasing each other up and down the relatively empty roads, surely PC plods are aware of this ?

WrexhamUser
    Participant

Keyworkers and the NHS demonstrated this evening that we have two set of rules in operation. It is sad a colleagues has died, but NHS staff and police officers clapping outside the hospital this evening were huddled together in a large group, far from social distancing. These are the same people who will complain about people not staying at home. I cannot see the ‘reasonable excuse’ for this gathering How many people did the police advise or issue fixed penalty tickets? It is very hypocritical if any police officer there tonight issued a ticket in the future. They will not be tweeting about that breach. It is no wonder people are thinking why should I sacrifice my life by not going out when they are implicit in spreading it. My views will be unpopular but so be it!

AMA Express
    Participant

I can’t see any reason for the Police to gather at the Maelor to show their solidarity with NHS staff. Surely it would be far better use of resources if the officers carried on their normal patrols and just parked up wherever they were for a couple of minutes and put their blues and twos on for say 30 seconds. Then they could continue with their duties.

As it is at the moment, 19.45 to 20.15 on a Thursday evening seems to be the ideal time to be committing a crime around Wrexham.

wxmviolet
    Participant

Well I have just seen the photos and videos of the gathering outside the hospital last night, I am utterly gobsmacked. How many people were there? Not much social distancing and NHS staff outside in their scrubs. Would not take much for the virus to get in and out of the hospital. Sorry, I have every respect for the doctors and nurses dealing with this virus but, Betsi Cadwaladr Health Board, you need to nip this in the bud now.

It would be far better for people who want to show their appreciation to upload videos and photos of them doing what they did to show their appreciation in their own homes, onto social media, I would think Wrexham.com would be more than happy to post them.

WreX-iT
    Participant

IMHO do you drive into town blindfolded. It might be quiet on the A55 or A483 but a lot of them are pushing their luck and speeding and town is full of buffoons. LOADS of people are starting to come out and chance it. Police do pull people but they just give ADVICE. Someone i know got pulled with members of 2 other families in their car and were given advice and told not to do it again. They still do it.

WrexhamUser & AMA Express i worry about how close the clappers are standing together by the hospital. Are they hurting the NHS like this by risking spreading COVID? I support them but some distance would be good.

WreX-iT
    Participant

wxmviolet its the members in the public crammed together that worries me

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News