Re Appearing Pot Holes!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Re Appearing Pot Holes!

• Author

IMHO
    Participant

Anyone complaining about pot holes should also shout long and hard about their inverse relatives, speed bumps.
    These damn things are a blight to any road user and do stuff all for safety as most people will concentrate on the hump rather that looking for a pedestrian staggering into the road in front of them. Try riding a motorcycle in the rain in a strange place with visor down reducing your vision then happening across a large speed bump on a main road (or side road come to that) when not expecting it (not all humps are signed) and nearly losing control because you have been launched out of the saddle! Work of the devil those things.
    Anyone who hates holes but loves speed bumps should satisfy themselves by thinking of holes as “traffic calming” in the same way they think of speed bumps:)

Matt
    Participant

Don’t even get me started on speed bumps!

Councillor X
    Participant

Can we get chain gangs from our luxury prison or the ‘job seekers’(!) to fill them in?

Sorry I know that is just a pipe dream. Some of my Wetherspooners would collapse at the thought of working for their beer money.

dewi73
    Participant

Technically a job seeker is an unemployed person who is trying to get a job, some of your Wetherspooners are just unemployed

Councillor X
    Participant

[quote quote=164104]Technically a job seeker is an unemployed person who is trying to get a job, some of your Wetherspooners are just unemployed[/quote]

“My” ‘actual’ Wetherspooners (friends) are mostly bored retired old farts but we do have some who work shifts. All have worked for their pensions. I should not have used ‘my’ in the previous post as it implies they ay all my friends. Some are workshy spongers who are so lazy they use their phones to order beer [they do it on an APP?] but how they afford phones I do not know. The shoplifters must be making good money.

Get the ones who don’t want to work to dig up the speed bumps and use them to fill in the potholes.

Problem solved – mines a pint of mild or a large whisky if you are offering.

Councillor X
    Participant

[quote quote=163837]Don’t even get me started on speed bumps![/quote]

Go on Matt, start on speed bumps while I still got my free wireless fidelity.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Level crossing safety plea to North Wales holidaymakers this Easter

News

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News