Quiet month on wrexham.com forum?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Quiet month on wrexham.com forum?

• Author

wxm
    Participant

All sorts of subjects seem to have slowed down?

wrexview
    Participant

I think the delay in writing a post and it being uploaded is partly to blame, spontaneity has been lost.

Metalhead
    Participant

@wrexview 9395 wrote:

I think the delay in writing a post and it being uploaded is partly to blame, spontaneity has been lost.

Yep, agree. Losing the ‘real time discussion’ thing is not positive in my view, you get that on just about every kind of forum out there as well as the likes of FB etc. Why not just have a single warning and (if not heeded) then a ban kind of thing for anyone who steps out of line? Although I can’t recall ever seeing a single post on here which I personally felt fell into this category.

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

@wrexview 9395 wrote:

I agree with you in a way. I have been half way through a post when one pops up saying the same thing so I delete mine. Had it been there when I was reading my response would have been different. Real time discussion has an edge that is now lost on here. I fully understand the reasoning behind it but with no-one posting there is nothing to debate. It’s a shame really but I will still use the site which is primarily a local news source.

Rondetto
    Participant

I’ve been a moderator on BBC sites and they tried this on there. It went so quiet after many protests that they abandoned it eventually. There used to be hundreds of posts each day and when they changed it to a thirty second delay they had about 2 or 3 posts a day.
    Far better to have a moderator watching over posts to delete any undesirables.

BenjaminM
    Participant

Perhaps it is because there have been no contentious issues that have raised their head of late. After all, the moaners and detractors have had a field day with the proposed prison, education, the markets, Wrexham Council, et al.
    The only issue that seems to be in vogue at the moment is traffic delays, but if commuters left that little bit earlier in the mornings, the ‘problem’ might be somewhat alleviated.
    Don’t worry Wxm and Wrexham .com, the site hasn’t been forsaken and will be as busy as ever when something new comes up for the perennial naysayers to complain about.

johnhoppy
    Participant

I think it would be better if there was a system of self regulation where registered contributors should be able to draw attention to the moderator any offensive remarks. I also belong to a forum where the article creator has the ability to delete comments from his or her own threads when it is felt they are not suitable. This of course requires restraint by the article creators not to delete comments with which they do not agree with!!

Rob
    Participant

I hoped to pull the forum software stats to give an insight to usage – however they only have this month and July’s for some reason!

Posts go up pretty sharpish even at weekends, and although I do think it makes a ‘slow’ forum hopefully it is a more considered one. Looking at the post times to how long they go up , generally its a matter of minutes rather than hours – unless its very late at night ie 3am :)

I was at the guildhall today and a reporter did say its been a ‘quiet’ few weeks, which is good and bad I guess.

As above when ‘things’ happen I am sure debate will pick up, and in a way its probably better to have that rather than stuff posted for postings sake.

We did float the idea of doing Wrexham.com’s most beautiful babies and back to school pics special, with full size images and special tea towels to purchase but decided not to ;)

Rob
    Participant

Interestingly looking at google analytics the forums are only 2% of the pageviews of the site – so tiny really.

Will look at a way of linking in stories / sections to the relevant threads on here and hopefully introduce people to it and hopefully talk!

wxm
    Participant

Wrexham is stifled in to many ways, this site was fresh and an opportunity to share expressive and progressive vies and intentions. I think that has been severely curtailed by moderation, and has put the issued trust and the freedom of speech in the back of people’s minds.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

The topic ‘Quiet month on wrexham.com forum?’ is closed to new replies.

More...

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News