Question Time from Wrexham

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Question Time from Wrexham

• Author

Rex Ham
    Participant

On BBC’s Question Time last night, David Dimbleby said they were in Wrexham next Thursday. Any one going?

Mr Wonderful
    Participant

I wouldn’t, it just encourages them! Same old career politicians, talking heads for the party line and who will brazenly defend moral atrocities like not releasing the Chillicot report or cancelling of certain cancer drugs or scamming us with there expenses gravy train or conducting far away wars then have the temerity to complain when we are attacked here. I don’t vote, not out of apathy but I withdraw my vote in disgust of the total abandonment of a moral government.
    I’m a dreamer man…….but I’m not the only one….

wxmlad
    Participant

Where is it live from? The Long Pull?

Rex Ham
    Participant

lol @ The Long Pull!!! It’s Glyndwr Uni apparently.

EternalOptimist
    Participant

Awful programme

moggsie
    Participant

@Mr Wonderful 18088 wrote:

I wouldn’t, it just encourages them! Same old career politicians, talking heads for the party line and who will brazenly defend moral atrocities like not releasing the Chillicot report or cancelling of certain cancer drugs or scamming us with there expenses gravy train or conducting far away wars then have the temerity to complain when we are attacked here. I don’t vote, not out of apathy but I withdraw my vote in disgust of the total abandonment of a moral government.
    I’m a dreamer man…….but I’m not the only one….

Don’t you think that if all those of us who ARE disgusted with politics, voted for just ONE looney party ( I’m not thinking UKIP, that would be disgusting ), then they might just get the message ?

Let them put a spin on that !!

wxmlad
    Participant

Maybe a local guest will be invited on the panel, I could think of a couple
    Big June
    Barry Hydro from the old total fitness gym aka pink trunks

Mr Wonderful
    Participant

@moggsie 18103 wrote:

Don’t you think that if all those of us who ARE disgusted with politics, voted for just ONE looney party ( I’m not thinking UKIP, that would be disgusting ), then they might just get the message ?

Let them put a spin on that !!

It’s a major flaw of democracy that when the majority rule then very little is achieved due to the laborious debates that follow. A meritocracy, where political positions are filled by experts in there field with no political idealogy to constrain them is the way forward for me. A drug tsar who actually knows the science on addiction and rehabilitation. An education minister who has actually been a teacher. And an health minister who ISN’T in BUPA!!!
    Is it too much too ask that someone who heads a multi-billion pound department, in whatever field,at least has some qualification in said field. I mean you wouldn’t appoint a an accountant has the manager of your football team?

moggsie
    Participant

@Mr Wonderful 18107 wrote:

It’s a major flaw of democracy that when the majority rule then very little is achieved due to the laborious debates that follow. A meritocracy, where political positions are filled by experts in there field with no political idealogy to constrain them is the way forward for me. A drug tsar who actually knows the science on addiction and rehabilitation. An education minister who has actually been a teacher. And an health minister who ISN’T in BUPA!!!
    Is it too much too ask that someone who heads a multi-billion pound department, in whatever field,at least has some qualification in said field. I mean you wouldn’t appoint a an accountant has the manager of your football team?

sounds to me like you’re a fan of Plato :)

Mr Wonderful
    Participant

Lol… Coincidentally I’m reading the great welsh thinker Bertrand Russell’s History of Western Philosophy (1946) at the moment. What a great man.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Funding support for sustainable projects in Clwydian Range and Dee Valley

News

Level crossing safety plea to North Wales holidaymakers this Easter

News

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News