Pure Gym 24/7

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Pure Gym 24/7

• Author

wrexview
    Participant

This company have already opened have ninety eight , 24 hour gyms across the UK . Opening all hours is their unique selling point and something which it seems is attractive to gym users. It would bring an empty unit back into use.

Peterthewatcher
    Participant

This will b e interesting to see what the Council do — allow Planning Permission because there are no grounds not to vs the impact it will have on Waterworld use. A nail in the coffin for Waterworld with the Council Planning Department holding the hammer

sparky1
    Participant

it can be nothing but good more units being used more money for wrexham, more jobs , more people getting fitter for less!

Huw
    Participant

@sparky1 19294 wrote:

it can be nothing but good more units being used more money for wrexham, more jobs , more people getting fitter for less!

Here, here! Less bloody fat people walking around hopefully.

justjojo2011
    Participant

The question becomes, does Wrexham NEED another gym? There are already countless gyms dotted about all over the place. For the jobs perspective it’s a good thing, but I wonder if we need something NEW, not something that already exists.

As for “less fat people walking around”, regardless of that highly offensive comment, it won’t make a difference if people can’t afford the prices of them will it?

JaneJ
    Participant

JoJO you cant dictate to private investors were they will bud a facility — they will have done a through assessment of the market place and come up with a costed proposal that will have a target of making a profit to reinvest and make money for shareholders.
    We cant attract anything new to Wrexham if all of the marketing and demographic data available to businesses does not stick up for a business model. Why invest in an area that does not meet a business profile it would make no sense.
    Perhaps instead of defining ‘fat people waking around’ it should have been broader and stated ‘unhealthy’ people in Wrexham as the current data shows we are sitting in a massive time bomb of industrial illness from heavy industries such as coal and steel making starting to present itself with lung problems for the 60/79 year olds and at the other end an almost epidemic issue of children that are obese with resultant Type 2 diabetes developing. Cant see how you can be offended with this broader rational for more gyms (provided they are affordable)

BenjaminM
    Participant

No it doesn’t jojo.
    If you want to make the argument of need, it is just as easy to cite charity shops, mobile phone and pound shops. I could argue that we have far too many of those too but that does not prevent their proliferation.
    I cannot, for the life of me, understand why anyone would even contemplate questioning the prospect of turning a vacant property into an occupied asset for the town.
    I am guessing from the tone of your post that it is not a facility you would use, but many people with varying lifestyles would find a 24 hr gym more than useful.

Metalhead
    Participant

Do any of these gyms offer PAYG access or do they all require being tied up to monthly subscriptions?

dagg
    Participant

Who wants to go to a gym at 2 o’clock in the morning. I can understand people going for an hour or so after work eg afternoons and nights.

AMA Express
    Participant

Pretty sure it’s PAYG.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News