Pubs, clubs and the smoking law.

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Pubs, clubs and the smoking law.

• Author

zinger
    Participant

If it were cost effective to ban smoking altogether then I am sure that it would be. The tax revenue is the reason that there is so much smuggling of cigarettes into the country because legal cigarettes are an exorbitant price. I have to admit though that it is so much nicer as a non smoker to be able to go into a restaurant for a meal without somebody lighting up. Note that people who have been heavy smokers who have managed to kick the habit are then it’s biggest critics. Once they actually realise that others really do smell like a dirty ashtray they are appalled that they have been the same.

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

Take a stroll past the hospital and you will see a crowd of smokers gathered by the doorways, some with drips attached. While it is still legal to smoke it can’t be banned effectively. I wouldn’t tell someone who had just lost a loved one to stub out their security blanket at the time they need it most.

I agree that smoking shouldn’t be allowed indoors where nonsmokers are present but outside where the air dilutes the effects is ok with me.

Rondetto
    Participant

It makes me wonder: Do the governments really want us to stop smoking?
    Where on earth would they get the Billions in revenue from if no one smoked?
    I guess petrol would have to go up to £5 a litre and a pint in the pub to £6.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News