Proposed Council Savings 2013/14

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Proposed Council Savings 2013/14

• Author

Sam
    Participant

Right, so, you personally would like the general public to read through several pages reports rather than ‘newspeak’, which I would call bullet points.

Then, the public would hold referendums on the content of the full report’s.

Firstly, I don’t think for one minute that councillors read the full report’s themselves, there’s departments that condense them into bullet points for them. I’ve personally conducted exhaustive surveys, work related, which colleagues would not be able to understand or have no interest in the fineate detail or time too interprete. Therefore I condense it into bullet points.

Referendums on everything, whilst it’s the perfect democracy for decisions to be made, it’s long winded, labour intensive and would you get a true feel for the masses based on the full reports. Or would people just get board with the detail presented and either not both voting or vote incorrectly due to a misinterpretation of the extensive facts.

thewayneinspain
    Participant

@Sam 2513 wrote:

Right, so, you personally would like the general public to read through several pages reports rather than ‘newspeak’, which I would call bullet points.

Then, the public would hold referendums on the content of the full report’s.

Firstly, I don’t think for one minute that councillors read the full report’s themselves, there’s departments that condense them into bullet points for them. I’ve personally conducted exhaustive surveys, work related, which colleagues would not be able to understand or have no interest in the fineate detail or time too interprete. Therefore I condense it into bullet points.

Referendums on everything, whilst it’s the perfect democracy for decisions to be made, it’s long winded, labour intensive and would you get a true feel for the masses based on the full reports. Or would people just get board with the detail presented and either not both voting or vote incorrectly due to a misinterpretation of the extensive facts.

Those bullet points cannot be proven or questioned. Therefore they are just newspeak. There is no evidence in the public domain to back up ‘the bullet points’ that they are an accurate representation of the spending at the council.

The council has a habit of giving information to councillors that is inadequate newspeak. E.g. eagles meadow, planning permission on the student flats at the racecourse, planning permission on the old brymbo steelworks, the stansty bridge.

The councillors are to blame, responsible and culpable, if they unable to understand or ask the right questions.

Direct Democracy is a valid millenium possibility. We can see this with the emergence of the occupy movement/the pirate party in politics as well as in popular culture such as big brother, x factor, i’m a celeb, britain’s got talent, strictly, etc.

thewayneinspain
    Participant

Let’s make it clear, all cuts will harm the local economy and therefore a list of which cuts will affect the revenues of local businesses & local people the most, should also be taken into consideration as these will affect future council revenues too….e.g. less car parking revenue, less shop rental revenue, less council tax revenue, etc. Meaning more cuts and even less local GDP, when this is a time the council should be trying to stimulate the economy.

Sam
    Participant

@thewayneinspain 2516 wrote:

Let’s make it clear, all cuts will harm the local economy and therefore a list of which cuts will affect the revenues of local businesses & local people the most, should also be taken into consideration as these will affect future council revenues too….e.g. less car parking revenue, less shop rental revenue, less council tax revenue, etc. Meaning more cuts and even less local GDP, when this is a time the council should be trying to stimulate the economy.

For once, I agree with you.

Council Watcher
    Participant

Rob Wrexham.com needs to change the heading for this thread to 2017/18 the excat same issues apply as they did 5 years ago

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News