Proposed Coal Bed Methane Well…

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Proposed Coal Bed Methane Well…

• Author

zinger
    Participant

I think that you will probably find that it isn’t the miners that are so passionately against fracking Mrs. Crewe.

zinger
    Participant

Mrs Crewe
    Participant

I don’t belive that I said that miners were against fracking. I said that those against fracking are the same people in many cases who were pro miners.

Metalhead
    Participant

Interesting comments on a few of these threads… strange that the perceived possibility of increased housing demand (and therefore prices) due to the impending arrival of the prison seems to have been highlighted but not the opposite effect that this is likely to cause?:confused:

e.surv Surveyors | e.surv reviews the real estate market – Blog – Property rates most likely to plummet in fracking-prone areas around UK

If this is were to occur if/when drilling commences it means that those of us who live around a mile or so from this site would actually struggle to afford to sell up and move elsewhere to let those who maybe OK with activity to get on with it (have actually seriously thought about this).

As for scientific/geological evidence that are issues surrounding onshore unconventional gas extraction there are plenty of reports out there and you really don’t have to look all that hard to find them. The geologists report of the issues of Groningen made for concerning reading, certainly didn’t fill me with confidence.

I am not a protestor but having done plenty of research and spoke at fair length to a representative of the drilling company involved here I remain wholly unconvinced that these basically self-regulated operations should be allowed to drill anywhere near residential dwellings.

Huw
    Participant

Probably the reason why there are so many houses for sale on the Fairways estate then but none seem to be moving.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News