Proposed Coal Bed Methane Well…

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Proposed Coal Bed Methane Well…

• Author

zinger
    Participant

All I know is that the old colliers said about 50 years ago that the Flash was dry until Rhosddu Colliery closed & then the water came back. An old old map that someone posted on FB showed the Flash so it has been around a long time.

Rob
    Participant

Security has moved off ( Anti-Frackers To Stay Despite Possible ‘Withdrawal’ From Borras Site | Wrexham.com ) however the company say they are not stopping with their plans ( Wrexham gas drilling will go ahead pledges energy giant firm – Daily Post )

Today oil price is down more, and news that 300 jobs going from BP’s North Sea oil work.

Anyone have any data if the two are linked nationwide in terms of shale gas of if this is just local?

Rob
    Participant

If it is linked then this from beeb’s Peston today could give timeframe to when it could return: “I understand BP expects oil price of $50 to $60 for 2 to 3 years”

Metalhead
    Participant

Rob, have you checked out what’s happened to IGas (the company behind Borras drilling) shares over the past year?

http://charts.moneyam.com/telegraph/Chart.aspx?Provider=EODIntra&Size=300*145&Skin=BlueWhite&Type=2&Scale=0&SV=0&Span=YEAR1&Code=IGAS&Layout=AJBBrandMedium

Rob
    Participant

Yes – been nosing at that on and off (been looking at a few energy things since 2011 regarding the Falklands & Rockhopper!)

Another interesting one out today is Schlumberger Cuts 9,000 Jobs – Business Insider

First two lines:
    Here come the oil-related job cuts.

In its fourth quarter earnings announcement on Thursday, oilfield services company Schlumberger announced that it will cut 9,000 jobs, or about 8% of its workforce.

Mrs Crewe
    Participant

The biggest irony is, the same people out protesting against fracking were no doubt out protesting the closures of the pits.

Metalhead
    Participant

^Not so

Anyone wishing to support Cllr. Arfon Jones motion to make Wrexham a Frack Free Zone may do so here if they wish:

Call on Wrexham Council to Declare the County Frack Free. Petition

BenjaminM
    Participant

The petition you cite might have more of an impact if the preamble had been proof read before publishing and grammatically correct.
    Don’t miss a trick, do they?

CVA01
    Participant

I for one won’t be signing the petition.

Firstly I’m not for fracking but I’m not against it either. But I certainly don’t want my power tofail, so we have to find some way of generating it.

Secondly coalbed methane isn’t quite the same thing as fracking, which as I understand it the latter is the process for extracting shale gas.

Thirdly the petition will achieve exactly nothing. Wrexham has no legal authority to declare itself a frack free area. Unless the UK government bans it or heavily restricts where it can take place there won’t be a thing anyone here can do to stop it.

dagg
    Participant

@Metalhead 17836 wrote:

^Not so

Anyone wishing to support Cllr. Arfon Jones motion to make Wrexham a Frack Free Zone may do so here if they wish:

Call on Wrexham Council to Declare the County Frack Free. Petition

No thanks.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Plans Submitted to Create Studio Flat Above Wrexham Fast Food Restaurant

News

Football Banning Order issued to Wrexham man for ‘pyro offences’

News

Ambulance Service ‘expecting the Bank Holiday period to be a busy one for us’

News

Reminder to check for Schools Essentials Grant before window closes at end of May

News

Wrexham AFC Women Awarded first UEFA License and FAW Tier 1 License renews for 2024/25 Season

News

“Disrespectful” easter egg hunt in cemetery cancelled after backlash

News