Proposed Coal Bed Methane Well…

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Proposed Coal Bed Methane Well…

• Author

Metalhead
    Participant

The Daily Post seemed to consider it was worth running a story for these public exhibitions anyway, thought Wrexham.com might have done the same TBH. Anyway, here it is:

Series of public exhibitions planned over fracking plans in Wrexham – North Wales Weekly News

Acton was yesterday (did anyone go BTW, would be very interested to hear any feedback), Holt is today, Gresford tomorrow. Seems to me that residents are either apathetic to this proposal, are unaware of it or don’t really understand what it could possibly entail. Hopefully there is little to worry about but I certainly intend to try and find that out for myself.

welshrabbit
    Participant

Sounds like another company wanting to come into Wrexham and use and abuse it. They will probably want to knock down St Giles while they are at it.

You have to wonder were the proposed GAS fired power station fits in with all this drilling!

Metalhead
    Participant

@welshrabbit 10479 wrote:

You have to wonder were the proposed GAS fired power station fits in with all this drilling!

Yep, it’s a hell of a coincidence isn’t it…? :rolleyes:

Reading reports that there are 14 planned extraction points at Borras if this gas is found to be present there. Apparently Dart Energy have been informing those who did attend that they already have the necessary permission to go ahead with these extractions, I was under the impression that was not quite the case? Apparently the turnout for the Holt & Acton exhibitions were pathetic, probably because very few seemed to know anything about them. I’m going to Gresford tomorrow afternoon where I’m expecting much the same. I have quite a few questions I would like to ask them.

zinger
    Participant

I would have thought that we already know that there is methane below the surface hence Gresford Disaster.

Metalhead
    Participant

@zinger 10489 wrote:

I would have thought that we already know that there is methane below the surface hence Gresford Disaster.

I agree mate, I too suspect that they already know it’s there. Looking scarily like they are just going through the motions to me. I will however refrain from jumping to any conclusions until I have quizzed them tomorrow. I’m not any kind of expert on these matters but basic common sense is telling me there could well be issues ahead if this company are allowed to simply steamroller ahead with this process at this location.

Metalhead
    Participant

I went to the public exhibition at Gresford, spoke to a consultant from Dart Energy for around half an hour and have drawn my own conclusions. It was good to see quite a few bods down there seeing as the previous exhibitions were apparently so poorly attended. Be interested to hear what others who went along thought.

Metalhead
    Participant

Test drill application refused permission last night:

Controversial plans to test drill for gas in Wrexham thrown out – Daily Post

zinger
    Participant

Good!

wrexview
    Participant

Good decision by the Council.

Chris
    Participant

What grounds did they refuse it on, because it could be a costly one.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Airbnb expansion exacerbates housing woes for ex-offenders in Wrexham as Rob & Ryan dodge blame

News

Friends and Wrexham AFC fans taking on walking challenge for Dynamic

News

North Wales Minister role branded as “tokenistic” by Plaid Cymru MS

News

Number of Welsh 18-year-olds enrolling at Wrexham University “down 5 per cent this year”

News

Prioritise support over punishment for young vapers, says Public Health Wales

News

New video shows Wrexham AFC chairman “Baseball-izing” Football Game ahead of MLB World Tour

News