‘Pro European Rally’

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum ‘Pro European Rally’

• Author

Matt
    Participant

[quote quote=152468]
    What skills are you bringing to the party?
    Most of you would be useless as compost.
    [/quote]

Hands down the funniest comment in this thread! An insult to remember for future reference.

zinger
    Participant

JP wrote:
    What skills are you bringing to the party?
    Most of you would be useless as compost.

Well one skill is caring about my fellow man for one. Some of us need to. Perhaps you should try it.
    I don’t feel the need to insult others intelligence if their opinion just doesn’t happen to be the same as mine.

zinger
    Participant

JP wrote:
    Roughly translate as ”I will sit here and whine, with my hands out, while you flog yourself to death keeping me. It `s my entitlement”

I have never asked for one penny of anyone else’s money. I expect that my taxes went towards enabling your lack of education & manners.

zinger
    Participant

JP wrote:
    “You should go into a Factory, the skilled guys, will all be guys, white and in their early fifties if you are lucky.”
    I am one of the fortunate ones who have not needed to take factory work but do not look down on anyone who is prepared to work, whatever their job. As someone once said to me, “If I was a toilet cleaner, I would wish to be the best toilet cleaner.”

zinger
    Participant

JP wrote:
    “Next it will be how wonderful rationing was; there was no obesity crisis”

I am not of an age to remember rationing but know that people were made of stronger stuff back then. You may struggle.
    I would be very disappointed in my children if they spoke to their elder rudely as you.
    Obesity is a crisis but I like nice food too.

Alunh
    Participant

Quite like the idea that people should make their views on Brexit clear. Good on ’em if they want to give up time to march up and down the streets calling for a referendum result to be abandoned. Best of luck with that one.

Referendums are rarely called in Britain because they do take away the deliberative element of a question. They’re black or white, yes or no, in or out. I voted out because I don’t like the EU. I didn’t like the Soviet Union either and both seem to have similar traits…..too much power at the centre…too much bureaucracy. That said, if the Referendum had gone the other way, fine. Grin and bear it.

The useful fools who are being encouraged to march against a democratic decision are an arrogant bunch. Apparently if you voted out you’re a thicko. No one who get referenced as much as me could possibly be a thicko (?) though I can kind of get the gammon reference. I trust that the real thing rather than a mere reference has helped Matt get his jollies tonight but if not…..come and watch the “enlightened” marching when they do

Matt
    Participant

Haha, no gammon tonight – just Chinese & watching Belgium beat Brazil.

I’ll leave the shout until we get our own way Europhiles to have a wide berth in town tomorrow.

However, will be interesting to see if they put their money where their mouth is and spend lots of money in the likes of our European selection of town centre businesses such as La Baguette, the Portuguese Cafe & the various Polish Delis – they are increasing town centre footfall after all.

So are they all mouth & no trousers (where they keep their wallets). Or do they they want mutual benefit for both Wrexham and Europe – by actually using the town for its intended purpose and spending the cash rather than acting just like a bunch of matchday hooligans without the beer spend.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Brexit will never happen. EVER.

Nearly 2 years on and what?????????

The loser leaver idiots lost. Move on.

dagg
    Participant

[quote quote=152508]Brexit will never happen. EVER.

Nearly 2 years on and what?????????

The loser leaver idiots lost. Move on.[/quote]

OK thanks, but I voted leave and we will.

Matt
    Participant

Likelihood of May’s ‘Soft Brexit’ in its current incarnation 0%. Single market freedoms cannot be split. So the EU will reject it outright. Rees Mogg and the backbench Brexiteers are already seething at the whole concept.

Outright rejection of this deal by the EU will mean continued floundering by May’s and her cabinet to reach a compromise solution – if they want in the Single Market they have to also accept freedom of services and freedom of movement. This would make it a faux Brexit and make a lot of people who voted Leave very angry. They are already angered by the current proposals as we are still effectively going to be bound by EU law.

The alternative being a no deal Hard Brexit – which of course raises a myriad of political and security issues in respect that it’s not logically possible for this to exist as it would impose a hard border on Northern Ireland which would violate the Good Friday Agreement and bring about the return of the IRA or conversely if someone suggested a Referendum for the reunification of Ireland trouble from Unionists.

No need to be one of the 10 people who turned up the to the EU March today – just need to sit back and watch the Government implode.

Whatever happens to our relationship with Europe the Tories are going to kill themselves doing it – which is never a bad thing.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham Council set to decide on 20mph ‘adjustments’ which ‘begin from September’

News

Wales’ fire authorities lack accountability amid harassment allegations, Senedd hears

News

Closure plan for Welshpool and Caernarfon Air Ambulance bases confirmed – with new base planned for ‘middle of North Wales’

News

Trading Standards warning over Facebook user “fraudulently advertising events locally”

News

The Ultimate Guide to Nickelodeon Resort Punta Cana

News

The Essential Guide to User Acceptance Testing (UAT)

News