‘Pro European Rally’

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum ‘Pro European Rally’

• Author

JaneJ
    Participant

Fully agree Matt — there is probably no one on Wrexham.com who has either benefited, a relative or a friend who has not benefited from the medical skills and care from someone who has not been born in the UK.

JP
    Participant

[quote quote=152438]JP comments basically sum up what the problem is here. Remainers are so full of their own belief that they are intelligent people and the leave voters are thick. Well it seems to me that it is the Remain voters who need educating on social engagement. Do they really think they are going to win enough support to reverse Brexit by telling leave voters how thick they are??? Leaving the Eu might be an act of national self-harm but insulting their voters will only make them want brexit more. So Remainers my advice to you is starting living in the real world with real people rather than mixing with your own type at dinner parties bragging about which universities your children are at.[/quote]

I was not the one who put “REMOANERS” and “Stupidity” in the same sentence, even if it was a very long one.
    Brexit is Brexit, it is happening: Whatever it is.
    I live in Wrexham, I was born in Wrexham, I work in Wrexham.
    I get burgled by the QP scum who you would consider “real people”.
    I`ve never thought there was much wrong with Wrexham, that could not be improved by repopulating the place.
    I`ve yet to see anything to change that opinion.

The “real” people in Wrexham are a bunch of barely educated thick buggers, who consider a Coleg Cambria NVQ 2 in being thick, the height of educational (over)achievement.

Wrexham, as a town and as a council (elected and otherwise) is and always has been infatuated with shit,
    be that people or jobs.

The only thing better for Wrexham than 10 minimum wage jobs, is the promise of eleven minimum wage jobs.

It costs more to keep a prisoner in Berwyn, than the GVA for an average Wrexham worker: get AlunH to explain that one, he should be able to use small enough words for you.

As I said earlier, too many are more concerned about the size and warmth of the puddle they are in.

If Brexit is going to be buggering up my kids future, your puddle is going to be smaller and colder, and you will be head first in it.

I will make sure of it.

Matt
    Participant

[quote quote=152446]

It costs more to keep a prisoner in Berwyn, than the GVA for an average Wrexham worker: get AlunH to explain that one, he should be able to use small enough words for you.

[/quote]

My absolute favourite part of any Wrexham.com major argument thread is when Alun inevitably gets referenced or tagged in. A clear fan favourite!

HenryTulip
    Participant

Agree with Matt. I am not saying that all Remainers are middle-class snobs. What I am saying is that is the perception amongst ordinary people and this isn`t helped by some remainers inferring that leave voters are nothing more neanderthals. Just reading wrexham.com fb page and there is a troll on there insulting people calling them gammon. Clearly we have a very divided country. I just feel that events such as the one tomorrow will serve no purpose and will only wind up locals who already believe they are looked down on by the so-called liberal elite.

Matt
    Participant

[quote quote=152448]Agree with Matt. I am not saying that all Remainers are middle-class snobs. What I am saying is that is the perception amongst ordinary people and this isn`t helped by some remainers inferring that leave voters are nothing more neanderthals. Just reading wrexham.com fb page and there is a troll on there insulting people calling them gammon. Clearly we have a very divided country. I just feel that events such as the one tomorrow will serve no purpose and will only wind up locals who already believe they are looked down on by the so-called liberal elite.[/quote]

This is why I inevitably end up hating the entire Brexit saga full stop and all attempts to communicate about it in a calm and logical manner ever since. I’ve just been on the FB page version of this story and it’s hilarious if not a little pathetic. You’ve got people calling each other gammon and then in retort you’ve got people calling others snowflake nonces.

2 years on from the vote and there’s still a horrible rifted divide that has made everyone argue in an incredibly ugly manner, myself included. It’s just impossible when you have a 48%/52% divide – one side of an ideological argument vs another – with people insisting it’s a black and white argument and they fight like cat and dog and anyone who suggests it might be a grey area gets attacked vitriolically by both the black and white side.

It’s perverse because I can debate any other manner of issues with people such as travellers, homelessness, drug problems, social welfare etc… and you can about it with points being made that are polar opposites and people will walk away with an agree to disagree attitude after airing their opinions. Every time Brexit comes into the equation – people act as if the other person has first insulted and then later made inappropriate passes at their mother and then kicked their dog.

There is no end in sight for this merry-go-round in the near future – I really can’t see the March 2019 Brexit deadline being met and I can’t see the Government effectively pulling off a workable Brexit within the next 2 years – quite simply because none of them are in agreement and they are still massively underestimating the sheer amount of bureaucracy and additional considerations RED LINE issues such as the Irish border problems will actually need to push through.

Until Brexit is done and dusted – one way or another – we are just going to be living in a window of chaos and uncertainty where arguments amongst friends and family and strangers that you would otherwise would be civil with will rage on. I’m highly disappointed in the number of stories I hear about people who have disowned family members or friends over the way they voted in a free and open referendum. What a time to be alive.

Wxmbda777
    Participant

[quote quote=152418]

not to giving away all our power to the EU (france & germany) after all these coutries would not have their own vote now if it werent for GREAT BRITAIN saving their countries and all our serviceman giving their lives for them.

Care to comment on the accuracy of above statement.

1) We were fighting the Germans – so your implication that we SAVED them makes no sense.

2) You mention Great Britain. Were Northern Ireland not involved?
    Yes I will comment, yes we were fighting the german’s but just remember not all german’s wanted war just like not all british want or don’t want brexit, so indirectly we saved them too from a life of god knows what with hitler, well it all depends how you class great britain, my understanding is that great britain is all home countries so that’s why I said it that way,and yes you are right other servicemen and women gave their lives too i agree, but if GREAT BRITAIN hadn’t stood up to hitler who’s to say what would life be like now for us and other countries,so yes thanks to all the other countries that came to help, just like they are when all the brexit madness is going on, they are offering us deals whatever , more than i can say for the EU.
    3) Were none of the other Allied forces also responsible for the liberation of Europe? Perhaps the USA, Russia maybe having a decisive role in the whole matter?[/quote]

Wxmbda777
    Participant

yes we were fighting the germans, but not all wanted war just like some dont or do want brexit, and as i am aware i class great britain as all home countries so northern ireland is a part, and yes other countries fought alongside us eventualy but only after great britain stood up to aolf hitler, saving millions from a life god knows what may have been.

JP
    Participant

[quote quote=152448]Agree with Matt. I am not saying that all Remainers are middle-class snobs. What I am saying is that is the perception amongst ordinary people and this isn`t helped by some remainers inferring that leave voters are nothing more neanderthals. Just reading wrexham.com fb page and there is a troll on there insulting people calling them gammon. Clearly we have a very divided country. I just feel that events such as the one tomorrow will serve no purpose and will only wind up locals who already believe they are looked down on by the so-called liberal elite.[/quote]

I find it hilarious that I now qualify as liberal elite.

Ive spent most of my life being told Im stupid/thick; when I meet someone more limited than me, they must be thick.

I`ve only heard three people give serious logical reasons for Brexit; after that most of them are comedic if they were not so pathetic.

My favourite was the guy who claimed we would be able to trade with all the counties we were banned from trading with now. I asked for examples and he gave a list of near bankraupt South American countries, when I asked for an example of a South American country that was solvent: Cuba.

As for winding the locals up, a major portion of them seem to be working on the assumption that as they have utterly fucked their lives up, it is time to stuff up everyone else`s. It cant affect themselves, as they have pissed it all away anyway.

Recent un-guarded remark from someone in a recruitment agency; “There isn’t and unemployment problem in Wrexham, There are just un-employable people”.

zinger
    Participant

It may take a while to sort out the finer details but I am sure that we will get there in the end. It took the EU a bit of time. I seem to remember butter & beef mountains & milk & wine lakes in the 80’s.
    I worry that our industries were moved across the continent & our fields & flood plains have been built on. Is there anyone in the UK with the skills to bring it back?
    If those same people who aspire to be brighter than those who voted Brexit, were to apply themselves it would make it so much easier all round.
    Some of those of ex politicians who are dead set against Brexit have very nice well paid jobs across the water.

JP
    Participant

[quote quote=152466]It may take a while to sort out the finer details but I am sure that we will get there in the end. It took the EU a bit of time. I seem to remember butter & beef mountains & milk & wine lakes in the 80’s.[/quote]

Next it will be how wonderful rationing was; there was no obesity crisis

[quote quote=152466]
    I worry that our industries were moved across the continent & our fields & flood plains have been built on. Is there anyone in the UK with the skills to bring it back?[/quote]

No. That’s why so many Eastern Europeans were doing menial jobs in factories, while thick locals whined about the lack of jobs. You should go into a Factory, the skilled guys, will all be guys, white and in their early fifties if you are lucky.

[quote quote=152466]
    If those same people who aspire to be brighter than those who voted Brexit, were to apply themselves it would make it so much easier all round.[/quote]

We have been carrying you useless dross for years, now you want to drag us down to below your level, and still have us carry you.

“From each according to ability, to each according to need”.

Roughly translate as ” I will sit here and whine, with my hands out, while you flog yourself to death keeping me. It `s my entitlement”

What skills are you bringing to the party?
    Most of you would be useless as compost

[quote quote=152466]
    Some of those of ex politicians who are dead set against Brexit have very nice well paid jobs across the water.[/quote]

And too many of you are sat on your arses with your hands out gasping for more.
    Qualifications in Wrexham means, achieving disabled status.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham students dig in to create peace garden at local care home

News

Hundreds take part in inaugural 5k and 10k race in aid of Wrexham-based hospice

News

College students hosting Wrexham football themed charity dinner for local causes

News

RSPCA urges a radical rethink of animals’ rights as part of ‘For Every Kind’ campaign

News

Wrexham to host to second stage of Tour of Britain Women

News

Man “arrested on suspicion of wounding” after “public order incident” in city centre

News