Pride In Our Streets

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Pride In Our Streets

• Author

justjojo2011
    Participant

@Darlofan 1376 wrote:

Our binmen are not too bad, but what we do have every week after they’ve been is the lids off tin cans, there were 4 out there this week. We live in a cul de sac so it’s not too bad as we all pick up any rubbish floating around.

But it shouldn’t be down to you to clean up after them. They are paid to empty the bins into the bin lorries, not throw the rubbish all over the floor

R T
    Keymaster

A houseman was walking on the shore one age and he found a grit half buried in the sand. He incontestable to open it. Inside was a genie. The genie said,¡± I resolve concession you three wishes and three wishes only.” The gentleman prospect about his maiden wish and certain, ¡°I think I thirst for 1 million dollars transferred to a Swiss bank account. POOF! Next he wished during a Ferrari red in color. POOF! There was the car sitting in van of him. He asked for his unchangeable wish, ” I want I was irresistible to women.” POOF! He turned into a box of chocolates.
    [url url=][/url]

Andy
    Participant

Hi Unanny and welcome to the forums. Have you been with Stella?

NJones
    Participant

@justjojo2011 1372 wrote:

And yet the bin men still leave rubbish all over the road. sorry but that is not acceptable.

What you fail to see here is that the binmen may not do a decent job, but where are their managers to let them carry on, and tell old ladies to **** off?

justjojo2011
    Participant

@NJones 1425 wrote:

What you fail to see here is that the binmen may not do a decent job, but where are their managers to let them carry on, and tell old ladies to **** off?

Exactly!!! It seems to be perfectly acceptable for bin men to behave in this way and it appears the council don’t actually care all that much.

I sent an email to WCBC just before I posted the original post and I haven’t had a response at all.

JanW
    Participant

Has anyone noticed the small drawings or etchings in the paving slabs in Queens Square? I nearly walked into someone as I was looking down and not where i was going. They bear the logo of the Wrexham Science Fair. I particularly liked the Darleks.

Liam
    Participant

@JanW 1597 wrote:

Has anyone noticed the small drawings or etchings in the paving slabs in Queens Square? I nearly walked into someone as I was looking down and not where i was going. They bear the logo of the Wrexham Science Fair. I particularly liked the Darleks.

This is how they were done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3QBB-8dvns

wrexview
    Participant

There are some on High Street too!

JanW
    Participant

Thanks for the link Liam. I was curious about how it was done. Will go and investigate High Street when i am next in the town centre. I think its a very novel way of advertising.

Huw
    Participant

We regularly have waste left lying around. The bin men just throw the bins around damaging them and whatever they come into contact with – total morons. If any of them spoke to my family the way they did to that lady they best change there round, fast!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham students dig in to create peace garden at local care home

News

Hundreds take part in inaugural 5k and 10k race in aid of Wrexham-based hospice

News

College students hosting Wrexham football themed charity dinner for local causes

News

RSPCA urges a radical rethink of animals’ rights as part of ‘For Every Kind’ campaign

News

Wrexham to host to second stage of Tour of Britain Women

News

Man “arrested on suspicion of wounding” after “public order incident” in city centre

News