Pride In Our Streets

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Pride In Our Streets

• Author

justjojo2011
    Participant

Does anyone else find it ironic that Wrexham Council have this Pride campaign whilst their bin men leave rubbish all over the floor?

Here in Hightown, I have noticed cans and bottles and wet newspapers left in the car park. At my mums in Maesydre, garden waste and food waste have been spilled on the floor and just yesterday, grass was left all over Camberley Drive.

Is this what they mean by Pride In Our Streets or did they have a different definition in mind? Because personally, I find it quite appalling that our bin men find it acceptable to leave our rubbish all over the streets.

NJones
    Participant

It must be difficult for a Local Authority employee to have pride in anything they way they are treated.

justjojo2011
    Participant

@NJones 1356 wrote:

It must be difficult for a Local Authority employee to have pride in anything they way they are treated.

Or maybe they could be really pleased they have a job and actually do it well? I’m sorry they think their pensions are not enough but I have no sympathy in that, which is a whole different kettle of fish. Seeing as I am paying my council tax ON TIME every month, I would like those who are paid to do the jobs to at least try and do it properly. If I were to be such a layabout with MY job, I would be sacked. Why is this any different?

NJones
    Participant

Because they tend to work for incompetent managers who wouldn’t last five minutes in private industry. I left after saving them a fortune over a number of years and then got a 25% paycut with more workload as a thank you. If you could have seen the things I did you would have revolted!

justjojo2011
    Participant

@NJones 1370 wrote:

Because they tend to work for incompetent managers who wouldn’t last five minutes in private industry. I left after saving them a fortune over a number of years and then got a 25% paycut with more workload as a thank you. If you could have seen the things I did you would have revolted!

And yet the bin men still leave rubbish all over the road. sorry but that is not acceptable.

barryjarvis
    Participant

Completely agree with you Justjojo.

I’m also in Hightown and last weeks collection day in our cul-de-sac saw litter left lying in the road, and it’s not the first time I’ve noticed it.

I often wonder why i bother bagging up our rubbish before putting it in the bin.

justjojo2011
    Participant

@barryjarvis 1373 wrote:

Completely agree with you Justjojo.

I’m also in Hightown and last weeks collection day in our cul-de-sac saw litter left lying in the road, and it’s not the first time I’ve noticed it.

I often wonder why i bother bagging up our rubbish before putting it in the bin.

What is ironic, is if we drop litter in the street, we can be fined for it, yet it appears to be perfectly acceptable for the bin men to do. I don’t pay my council tax for them to NOT do their job.

Darlofan
    Participant

Our binmen are not too bad, but what we do have every week after they’ve been is the lids off tin cans, there were 4 out there this week. We live in a cul de sac so it’s not too bad as we all pick up any rubbish floating around.

lazyjack
    Participant

Got to agree with the OP, we’ve even had broken glass left behind on occasion. It’s ironic that there’s more litter on the road after the refuse collection. Total lack of interest in doing the job properly.

Perhaps someone from Wrexham Council refuse dept would like to pass comment.

justjojo2011
    Participant

@lazyjack 1378 wrote:

Got to agree with the OP, we’ve even had broken glass left behind on occasion. It’s ironic that there’s more litter on the road after the refuse collection. Total lack of interest in doing the job properly.

Perhaps someone from Wrexham Council refuse dept would like to pass comment.

I was talking to an old lady on the bus a couple of days ago about the mess left behind from the bin men. She said she confronted one of them one day about the cans and bottles they dropped on the floor. The response she got was a mouthful of abuse. She was told to mind her own business and to *** off back into her house. Now, in my previous job where I worked in retail, if I had spoken to a customer like that, it would have been grounds for instant dismissal.

But it would be rather interesting to see what response WCBC have on this issue.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Youngsters create new garden for Wrexham’s Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service

News

McElhenney And Reynolds Will Continue Wrexham Progress

News

Wrexham students dig in to create peace garden at local care home

News

Hundreds take part in inaugural 5k and 10k race in aid of Wrexham-based hospice

News

College students hosting Wrexham football themed charity dinner for local causes

News

RSPCA urges a radical rethink of animals’ rights as part of ‘For Every Kind’ campaign

News