Powercut at Tesco’s

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Powercut at Tesco’s

• Author

AMA Express
    Participant

Just been to Tesco’s.

When a got there I noticed that all the car park lights were on.

On entering the shop there was a young lad telling all customers that “as there’s a powercut we are unable to sell chilled or frozen goods”.

Surely there must be something wrong with their system if, during a powercut, their generators are set to run the car park lights in broad daylight and not to run the compressors for the fridges and freezers.

Is it me ?

Rob
    Participant

@wrexham was tweeted this pic:

[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BPr7OCfCEAA9BEw.jpg:large[/img]

Someone else who could be an employee was blaming power co rather than tesco.

wrexview
    Participant

Wonder what happened to all the food?

Rondetto
    Participant

I thought they had emergency generators in supermarkets for just such an event.

AMA Express
    Participant

@wrexview 7974 wrote:

Wonder what happened to all the food?

Dumped probably.

NJones
    Participant

This happened a few months back too. Did the staff have some good barbq’s?

Born Acorn
    Participant

It may be that the power had just come back on. Would explain why the car park lights were on in daylight (like what happens with a security light when you plug it in).

If I were to guess, I think emergency lighting, cold storage rooms, and some point of sale would be highest priority for the generator. I’ve heard of fridge/freezer stock being thrown out in powercuts before.

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

The display units are open fronted so it’s impossible to keep the correct temperature when the power is cut. At home it’s easier as domestic fridges have doors. If the power is lost at home and the door is kept shut the food can be saved but there isn’t a towel big enough to wrap around a supermarket chiller.

Born Acorn
    Participant

Same thing happened in Llandudno – it explains they move the food from the chillers back into storage to keep the food okay.

Llandudno Junction power cut caused by workmen cutting through power cable – North Wales Weekly News

Rondetto
    Participant

I was shopping in Tesco early this morning, well about 8am. The place went into darkness yet again. One of the shelf stacker’s said it was the third time it had happened today.
    There must be a short somewhere but up to now they still haven’t found the source.
    When I left there was a lady at the door telling people there was an electric fault and certain things weren’t working.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News