Pothole repairs

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Pothole repairs

• Author

Council Watcher
    Participant

We should all welcome the announcement from Welsh Government if the £1m + to repair potholes in our disgraceful roads.I would, however, urge the Council to get the work done by competent repairers.

The quality of repairs over the past few years has been nothing short of scandalous with most of the potholes that are around today are the same ones for the past five years. You cannot just put a shovel full of tarmac down, tap it and expect it to last. The Council should ensure that the rear is down to the standard if the road usage.

An example of poor management of roads is the Kingstreet Bus station loop – this stretch within the first three months of being laid was crumbling and has had to have multiple repairs over the past years- the reason why is that the quality was that of a housing estate road laid on an old road base with no substructure strong enough to take the weight of modern day buses. This was raised by various Councillors at the time but was told that all that ‘we’ can afford.. there was never any claim for poor work as the contractor laid down the specification they were given.

pete
    Participant

Totally agree.
    Didn’t WCBC take maintenance back in house a few years back because their contractor was doing such a poor job? Not sure if it’s been outsourced again since then.

It wold also help if WCBC grew a pair and started using their powers to prosecute contractors when they leave the road in a mess or don’t maintain their ironworks. For some reason they don’t seem to do this, seems to be a common problem not just in Wrexham too.

wrexview
    Participant

Perhaps we should start listing them. Grove Road has a few and turn into Chester Road and they are so deep people are swerving to avoid them !!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m fairly sure I heard Godzilla bellowing for help from the bottom of the one on the Tesco roundabout. It was filled 2 weeks after I filled in the online form, but that lasted all of 2 days.

Marvinuk
    Participant

Matt
    Participant

It is all a bit of a farce, I’m starting to build up a mental map of potholes across all of Wrexham that have been there for months in some cases, I am literally now subconsciously swerving them, which is ridiculous as some of them mean having to move slightly across to the other side of the road as it is like manoeuvring round a parked car or moving out to pass a cyclist which obviously creates increased hazards as this is only feasible when it is safe to do so without oncoming traffic. Now I imagine loads of other vehicles who also don’t want to end up with crocked wheels will also be doing this and this just leads to slowing down of traffic flow or increased risk when drivers on the other side of the road aren’t expecting more “racy” drivers to suddenly be coming partly into their lane to avoid damage when they can’t visibly see what is being avoided. It’s all gone a bit wacky races AND then you hit a new pothole and fret over whether or not it’s battered your vehicle and you add it to the list.

If I had the time I’d go an photograph some of the worst offenders to make sure they have been reported, but I just don’t have the time.

dagg
    Participant

[quote quote=145047]https://news.sky.com/story/british-isles-worst-for-flooding-as-europe-hits-breaking-point-11259069

Maybe we can market them as boating lakes when this happens?[/quote]

Wow that’s some pothole.

steveg
    Participant

wrexview
    Participant

Listing seems to have had an effect , craters on junction of Grove Road and Chester have been filled! Someone taking notice .

Council Watcher
    Participant

Hope the quality will mean that it will last more than a month — a spade full of tarmac is not a repair!!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News