Potential Student Flats On Brook Street?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Potential Student Flats On Brook Street?

• Author

Rob
    Participant

The underground parking could be interesting considering the river goes close by – and there are cellars that have flooded along there.

Infact it could be under the river level ?

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

The planning application doesn’t say anything that wrexham.com haven’t already reported as far as I can tell.

Case P/2013/0419

Rob
    Participant

Just looking through the docs now – its a hefty application, can’t remember one this long for a while.

http://planning.wrexham.gov.uk/Planning/StreamDocPage/obj.pdf?DocNo=1727683&PDF=true&content=obj.pdf

Not sure if that link works but that’s the flood report, yellow showing where things have flooded before on one of the maps has outside HMV way on Island Green?!

thewayneinspain
    Participant

It looks nice…but that design will looking very dated in a few years time. I see there is 71 sq meters of shops too.

Clever that the application has gone at the beginning of summer.

I’m neutral, but concerned about about another part of the town centre being reliant on the public purse economy.

studentflats1.jpg

zinger
    Participant

Wot, no trees!

thewayneinspain
    Participant
    zinger;7300 wrote:
    Wot, no trees!

can remember which page it says in the application but no trees to be cut down and no trees to be planted.

Rob
    Participant

@thewayneinspain 7305 wrote:

can remember which page it says in the application but no trees to be cut down and no trees to be planted.

It seems that if there are requests to have trees bushes or the like involved in student planning applications they are not kept to Wrexham Village : Planning, Parking & Plants | Wrexham.com :rolleyes:

BenjaminM
    Participant

I wonder which pressure group is going to protest at this one?
    SURELY, there must be one that will!
    Come on Offa Community Council, you usually do!

thewayneinspain
    Participant
    BenjaminM;7325 wrote:
    I wonder which pressure group is going to protest at this one?
    SURELY, there must be one that will!
    Come on Offa Community Council, you usually do!

Why must someone who cares for their community be labelled a negative word or phrase like “protestor” or “pressure group”?

Born Acorn
    Participant

Given the state of the site as it is I’d be surprised if anybody could mount an effective campaign based on aesthetic grounds. That mockup is definitely better on the eyes than the run down area as it is.

Also did somebody say shop space? A convenience store might go nicely in that area although I think off sales would have to be prohibited, at least after a certain time.

It is also a shame the owners of the land at the other end of Brook St./St Giles Link haven’t bothered doing anything with it. Are they just waiting for the price to go high enough?

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News