Posthouse roundabout A55/ A483 junction improvements

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Posthouse roundabout A55/ A483 junction improvements

• Author

NJones
    Participant

So finally someone has taken notice of the bottle neck that is the Posthouse roundabout where the A55 and A483 meet. Work will begin in April 2014 to improve the junction, but not to add any direct slip road from the A438 to A55. is it going to work?

Incidentally the Chester Southerly bypass (A55 past the Chester Business Park) was built in an excavated trench rumoured because the Duke of Westminster didn’t want to hear the traffic noise form his estate (and apparently paid for it to be excavated lower)- is this any influence on the design of the new junction layout with lack of raised slip roads?

Darlofan
    Participant

Wow i was just typing a reply with virtually the same points raised. Are there plans of what they are going to do that we can view?
    7 years i’ve lived in wrexham and been using that junction(last 2 i’ve started avoiding and going through Mold when i can). As said above it needs seperate slip roads for getting round to N Wales direction and Ellesmere Port direction. I can average 30mins in it on a morning only for probably 1 in 10 cars going off towards N Wales A55 route.

Also in the report it states lights are going to be added to the Rossett roundabout, not sure how that will help. Quickest i have ever gone through there in rush hour is on the couple of occasions the lights on the posthouse roundabout were out of order.

NJones
    Participant

@Darlofan 10441 wrote:

Also in the report it states lights are going to be added to the Rossett roundabout, not sure how that will help. Quickest i have ever gone through there in rush hour is on the couple of occasions the lights on the posthouse roundabout were out of order.

I thought they mean’t the roundabout at the end of the bypass would be removed and replaced with a traffic light controlled junction?

Quote from Daily Post story http://www.olddailypostlink.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/a55-a483-12-months-roadworks-6337204:
    The Highways Agency said: “The scheme will provide additional lane capacity but will also ensure the existing carriageway is better utilised, to improve traffic flows.”

A new footbridge for shared use by cyclists and pedestrians will be constructed adjacent to the west bridge.

Specifically, it will include the widening of existing carriageway in key areas, additional signals on the A55/A483, and new traffic signals at the junction of the A483/Rough Hill.

The Pulford roundabout will be converted into a junction with traffic lights.

NJones
    Participant

Link to highways agency site with maps etc:
    A55/A483 Improvements – Road Projects – Highways Agency

Rob
    Participant

It does seem the ‘top’ roundabout could have traffic lights, which if is the case seems utterly barmy.

Darlofan
    Participant

Lets hope they haven’t used the same consultants that came up with the design at Sainsbury’s roundabout in Chester. That is a huge disaster.

NJones
    Participant

It states ‘conversion of Pulford roundabout into a signalised junction’. Sounds like removal of roundabout and lights added?

NJones
    Participant

@Darlofan 10447 wrote:

Lets hope they haven’t used the same consultants that came up with the design at Sainsbury’s roundabout in Chester. That is a huge disaster.

You mean TellyTubby island?!

Rob
    Participant

Its not that bad a junction really, lots of people in Chester give it grief but if you look closely the layout works really well:

pic-under-tubbyland.jpg

Darlofan
    Participant

@NJones 10448 wrote:

It states ‘conversion of Pulford roundabout into a signalised junction’. Sounds like removal of roundabout and lights added?

Yeah it does, that’ll help people getting out from Rossett Road but probably hold everyone else up!!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham Council set to decide on 20mph ‘adjustments’ which ‘begin from September’

News

Wales’ fire authorities lack accountability amid harassment allegations, Senedd hears

News

Closure plan for Welshpool and Caernarfon Air Ambulance bases confirmed – with new base planned for ‘middle of North Wales’

News

Trading Standards warning over Facebook user “fraudulently advertising events locally”

News

The Ultimate Guide to Nickelodeon Resort Punta Cana

News

The Essential Guide to User Acceptance Testing (UAT)

News