Postal problems

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Postal problems

• Author

Woodbine
    Participant

Is it just me, or has something odd been happening with postal deliveries in Wrexham over the last 2-3 weeks?

I live in Gwersyllt, and our post rarely arrives before 2.30 now – one day last week it came at 4.55pm There have ben occasions, too, when we have received post for addresses other than our own – on the worst day 4 others in one go :eek:

In addition, I am waiting for 2 parcels that were dispatched from different parts of the UK 10 days ago, but there is no sign of either.

Is it just Gwersyllt, or is this type of thing happening across Wrexham these days? :confused:

Rondetto
    Participant

No, it’s not just you at all. The last few weeks we’ve been getting our post about 4.30pm.
    I don’t know why, maybe someone from the Post office will come on and explain why.

Rob
    Participant

It has been getting later and later – and its not like prices to post things have been going down!!

Rondetto
    Participant

Gone are the days you would wake up to having the mail delivered before going out to work.

zinger
    Participant

Posted a letter 2nd class yesterday afternoon and had confirmation that it was received this morning. I know that it was reasonably local but even so….

NJones
    Participant

I posted a small parcel recently and it disappeared all together. Only offer of compensation was a book of stamps!

DGLYON9
    Participant

@NJones 12081 wrote:

I posted a small parcel recently and it disappeared all together. Only offer of compensation was a book of stamps!

I once had same compensation for an ebay parcel that went missing. One year later the parcel was returned to me as buyer had not collected!
    Also I wish postmen would not drop rubber bands as dogs will pick up and swallow them

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Removing fly-tipping cost Wrexham Council £21,500 last year

News

Voter registration for May’s Police and Crime Commissioner elections closes today

News

Have your say on Wrexham Council’s online services!

News

Youngsters create new garden for Wrexham’s Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service

News

McElhenney And Reynolds Will Continue Wrexham Progress

News

Wrexham students dig in to create peace garden at local care home

News