Post house Roadworks

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Post house Roadworks

• Author

moggsie
    Participant

Try doing this as well …..

https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/UKHIGHWAY/subscriber/new?topic_id=UKHIGHWAY_1982

When ( or if !! ) you get updates, pass the info along to everyone that might benefit.

Rob
    Participant

The Daily Post’s Gary Porter tweeted earlier saying it was a weekend when Chester Races were not on.

Wrexham Council batted it northwards saying it was not them but Chester Council.

Highways did not want to speak, again.

What is odd though is major roadworks seem to occur on the Wirral and Manchester for large football matches, so unsure why Chester Races seem to have such an affect.

Perhaps a query if those at Highways go in the posh seats or take a shopping trolly of fosters could get a response? :)

Liam
    Participant

Highways have commented, they were the ones who said about choosing a weekend when Chester Races isn’t on, which in my opinion is a big PR own goal.

Rob
    Participant

@Liam 14518 wrote:

Highways have commented, they were the ones who said about choosing a weekend when Chester Races isn’t on, which in my opinion is a big PR own goal.

Ah I meant queries in reply to Wrexham.com – although I have tried myself before with them (and Traffic Wales) with no joy.

One query was about the drainage on the 483 (dull I know) as there is one bit where aquaplaning occurs a fair bit again with no reply – sadly there were a couple of incidents nearby that spot before they finally sorted the drains – not great for those involved :(

Liam
    Participant

@Rob 14519 wrote:

Ah I meant queries in reply to Wrexham.com – although I have tried myself before with them (and Traffic Wales) with no joy.

One query was about the drainage on the 483 (dull I know) as there is one bit where aquaplaning occurs a fair bit again with no reply – sadly there were a couple of incidents nearby that spot before they finally sorted the drains – not great for those involved :(

They don’t sound like geniuses when it comes to PR so hardly surprising. As long as the racegoers are ok eh?

Rob
    Participant

Also – I would guess diversion and notification of works signs are hard to get hold of on weekends when the races are not on :)

BorrasBill
    Participant

I think it was probably made worse because the Wrexham to Chester railway line was closed all weekend, as well as most of the level crossings including Pulford. This meant there was limited alternative routes. Presumably the Highways people and Network Rail didn’t bother checking with each other first.

Darlofan
    Participant

Here is reply I received after complaining about roadworks. The bit about signage being in line with regulations is strange as only signs were at the roadworks with no prior warning. I have no recollection of coming across major roadworks with no prior warning signs.

Balfour Beatty Mott McDonald are the managing agents for the Highways Agency in Cheshire, Greater Manchester, Merseyside and South Lancashire, and are responsible for managing and maintaining the motorway and trunk road network on their behalf.

Thank you for contacting us about delays and diversion signage on the A483.

We apologise for the delays you experienced which were due to planned works. The work at the weekend was part of vital preparation work for a £5.3m pinch point investment at this important junction which will improve safety and tackle congestion. In common with other schemes in the pinch point programme, this improvement is supported by local councils and businesses.

We chose this weekend carefully – there were no events at Chester Racecourse – and after consulting all local stakeholders which included North Wales Trunk Road Agency . The closure of the east roundabout bridge was signed in advance with a good diversion in place. Please be assured that we did everything possible to minimise any inconvenience, however unfortunately it is not always possible to eliminate delays entirely when carrying out work on the network. Clearly, the delays were worse than we anticipated and we are sorry for this.

While the signage and traffic management fully met the standards required by the Department for Transport, (Traffic signs manual – road works and temporary situations). We have learned from this experience, and will ensure when the main works start in September, additional signage is in place at appropriate locations to enable road users to adopt alternative routes.

We have completed all the pre-works for this scheme, and the main work is currently planned to commence on 15th September. For more information about the Pinch Point Scheme, and to set up email alerts, please follow the link to the dedicated page of the Highways Agency website. A55/A483 Improvements – Road Projects – Highways Agency

beedar
    Participant

Would it not have been simpler to have built a connection road directly to the M53 so anyone heading towards Liverpool or Manchester wouldn’t have to go anywhere near the Posthouse Roundabout. I predict absolute chaos if the mini roundabout at the end of the 483 is replaced by traffic lights.

wrexview
    Participant

“While the signage and traffic management fully met the standards required by the Department for Transport, (Traffic signs manual – road works and temporary situations). We have learned from this experience, and will ensure when the main works start in September, additional signage is in place at appropriate locations to enable road users to adopt alternative.”

Why ,when big organisations make a complete mess of something , can’t they just come out and say ” sorry we got it wrong” ! The acceptance they will add extra signage for future works is almost an admittance of guilt.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wales’ fire authorities lack accountability amid harassment allegations, Senedd hears

News

Closure plan for Welshpool and Caernarfon Air Ambulance bases confirmed – with new base planned for ‘middle of North Wales’

News

Trading Standards warning over Facebook user “fraudulently advertising events locally”

News

The Ultimate Guide to Nickelodeon Resort Punta Cana

News

The Essential Guide to User Acceptance Testing (UAT)

News

Ken Skates outlines plans to improve Transport for Wales services in Wrexham and beyond

News