Post house Roadworks

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Post house Roadworks

• Author

Darlofan
    Participant

Reading twitter and Facebook accounts of the roadworks on the post house roundabout today it would seem that a couple of things need to happen. Firstly people are saying there was no warning of this weekend’s roadworks if true someone should be held to account for it. Secondly obviously this is just the start of major works that are coming so better ways of closing lanes etc need to be looked at now not after it has caused mayhem for everyone.

lazyjack
    Participant

Total chaos and terrible planning. The only signs I’ve seen are on the small stretch between the two roundabouts which is fine if you are a regular user of the road but there should be signs way back on the A483 taking drivers off at Gwersyllt, Gresford or Rossett.

They may as we’ll have closed the A483 at Rossett TBH.

Darlofan
    Participant

Still queuing at 8.30 tonight!! Worse for me I was returning to wrexham from Hawarden but thought as traffic was queuing the other way I’d be Ok. How wrong was I, came off 55 at post house and as you get to top of slip road there is a sign saying road closed to wrexham (nothing prior to this). I then had to get on 55 again go to sainsbury chester and do a u turn with every other car on that dodgy roundabout to come back down 55 to wrexham. Why couldn’t they sign road closures on 55 from St David’s loop? I would’ve had plenty of options then to get home. Bloody fools whoever is in charge of this.

pete
    Participant

We just came back from the coast along the A55, turned off at the posthouse roundabout and found we couldn’t turn right to Wrexham. The queue towards Wrexham was back to Rossett at 8.30pm!
    There are no warning signs on the A55 eastbound at all. The outside lane of the Sainsburys junction was queuing with people trying to do a U turn at the traffic lights. You really need to be in the left hand lane to go around but you don’t get told this until you are at the roundabout.
    I drive through here to work and back every day and haven’t seen any signs for this set of works. Some large signs have been at the side of the A55 sliproad coming from the M53 but they have been folded up closed. We double checked on the way back from the diversion.
    The only temporary signs I have seen between the two roundabouts has been to say there is limited parking in Chester due to the races.

The roadworks only seem to be on one of the bridges (may be mistaken) in which case I’m not sure why the bit between the Pulford and posthouse roundabouts is down to 1 lane which is what is causing the queue all the way down to Wrexham.

johnhoppy
    Participant

I was caught up in this fiasco two weeks ago. We are all aware that major works are planned for this junction, but there has been no publicity as to when they are to take place. There is obvious disregard for the travelling public, as these road works should have been warned of by road signs many miles away from the works themselves, not when it is too late to make any adjustments to your route. The road system in this area is not too bad really and it is quite easy to avoid these works if forewarned.

beedar
    Participant

And what is the masterplan ? Ah, traffic lights at the end of the A483/Chester Road as opposed to the roundabout. Good luck if you live in Wrexham and work in Chester, I’d take a packed lunch with you.

Darlofan
    Participant

@pete 14481 wrote:

We just came back from the coast along the A55, turned off at the posthouse roundabout and found we couldn’t turn right to Wrexham. The queue towards Wrexham was back to Rossett at 8.30pm!
    There are no warning signs on the A55 eastbound at all. The outside lane of the Sainsburys junction was queuing with people trying to do a U turn at the traffic lights. You really need to be in the left hand lane to go around but you don’t get told this until you are at the roundabout.
    I drive through here to work and back every day and haven’t seen any signs for this set of works. Some large signs have been at the side of the A55 sliproad coming from the M53 but they have been folded up closed. We double checked on the way back from the diversion.
    The only temporary signs I have seen between the two roundabouts has been to say there is limited parking in Chester due to the races.

The roadworks only seem to be on one of the bridges (may be mistaken) in which case I’m not sure why the bit between the Pulford and posthouse roundabouts is down to 1 lane which is what is causing the queue all the way down to Wrexham.

Same as what I saw, only signs there are about Chester Races. You’re right about roadworks too, they were only happening on the return side of roundabout above the A55 so why 1lane is closed towards Chester is anyones guess.

Also it looks like all they are doing is resurfacing a 20metre section above the 55, this is the same as they did on the Chester bound side a few weeks back. A whole lot of misery for 20m of resurfacing.

I’m wondering if Wrexham.com could find out who is responsible for the works and interview them about what is going on.

harry
    Participant

can you begin to imagine what it would be like if they did these road works during the week, just looking at the utter chaos today it wouldnt surprise me if the traffic was queued to oswestry if they did! Why on earth cant they just put a slip from the 483 to the A55 west, that would relieve loads of traffic, the current plan WONT work!

I went to Rhyl today it was only a last minute change of plan (before i knew about the road works) that i had to go to cowen so ended up with the ruthin – denbigh – st asaph route (which imo is quicker than going down the 55 from the post house on a normal day!!)

gogledd
    Participant

Why no diversion signs at the Rossett turn off for Chester bound traffic? Why no diversion signs at the Tinkersdale roundabout for East bound traffic?

I was taking a minibus full of people to Bangor (Caernarfon) today. Luckily my local knowledge got me away from a major hold up, but hwat about the general travelling public who don’t know the alternatives?

Piss poor planning etc…

beedar
    Participant

The main roadworks are due to begin in September and scheduled to run till March and that will be EVERY DAY. Bet we can’t wait.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Proposals submitted to turn Wrexham beauty salon into children’s home

News

Friends take on 45-mile ultramarathon to raise funds for mental health charity

News

Three arrested over ‘intent to supply Class B drugs’

News

16 year old charged with range of driving offences in Rhos

News

A view from Wrexham’s Member of Parliament

News

Wrexham University announce Professor Joe Yates as new Vice-Chancellor